Entity Data Analyst
Raleigh - Fayetteville Street
IHS Markit's Entity Management team oversees the collection, mapping and maintenance of client, vendor and proprietary company, contact, fund, ownership and relationship data. This data is used across multiple products by clients in order to facilitate transactions in the capital markets. In this role, you will work closely with members of our global teams and products, adding value to our content, as you help to ensure the highest possible levels of data quality, timeliness and completeness. You'll be responsible for helping to drive production, process and content improvements across the group. You'll be given the support and direction you'll need to help you succeed, while working as part of a diverse and experienced, passionate team. As a Research Analyst working on Entity Management, you will gain invaluable insight into the areas of data collection, data analysis, agile project management, offshore team management and financial services. You will learn how to use Agile philosophies and a Kanban methodology to incrementally improve processes and team workflow.
What you'll work on:
- Ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness of IHS Markit's existing data. Identifying solutions for eliminating discrepancies and missing information from the database. Communicating with individual researchers and team leaders regarding content specifications and guidelines.
- Identifying sources and creating processes for collecting and tracking new information as needed. Assisting team leaders in developing standards, benchmarks, and specifications. Populating new data points through analysis of external and internal sources including websites, industry publications, client lists, SEC filings, etc.
- Transferring data from various internal and external sources into the data collection application and checking existing data for discrepancies/duplicates. Making necessary changes or assigning changes to researchers to insure data is consistent and uniform.
- Creating and maintaining hierarchies amongst the entities in the IHS Markit database.
- Researching and responding to client inquiries regarding holdings and commissions information.
- Tracking all projects using the Kanban project management process. Entering changes and new information into internal databases using specified rules. Communicating regularly with team leader/management/team members regarding status of projects and workload.
- Liaising with offshore teams on projects and providing assistance and training on projects that require offshore support.
- Participating in creation/maintenance of research manuals and enhancements to the databases and research methodology.
- Assisting in training of new employees as needed.
What we look for:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively
- Interest in financial research and internet research
- Knowledge of the IHS Markit data
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in thought and action
- Assume accountability for individual projects and team's overall success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to give critical feedback to team members
- Work closely with global team members to deliver high quality data
- A bility to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree + 4 years' experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.