Director of Finance
NC State Continuing & Lifelong Education (NCSCaLE)
The https://mckimmoncenter.ncsu.edu/(NCSCaLE) https://mckimmoncenter.ncsu.edu/business-office/ is one of the administrative support units within NCSCaLE, a $27 million operation that is supported primarily by revenue-generating programs. The Business Office provides business administration, financial management, and human resource management for all units within the NCSCaLE division.
The successful candidate will join an organization at a time of reinvention and great opportunity. This position will be part of a dynamic team of accountants within the NCSCaLE Business Office and will perform complex and specialized accounting functions. The Director of Finance will supervise a team of three accountants within the NCSCaLE Business Office and will report to the Assistant Vice Provost of Business Operations. As supervisor, the Director actively participates in ensuring employee growth and development, work plans and adjustment of duties as necessary.
This position will lead in the financial management of the McKimmon Conference & Training Center (MCTC), Print Services, McKimmon Repair & Replacement (R&R), Upper Coastal Plain Learning Council (UCPLC), The Collaborative (The Gateway), Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), Office and Professional Development (OPD), Customized Training & Development (CTD), and Technology Training Solutions (TTS), and other assigned units. Along with the team of mid-level accountants, the Director of Finance will be responsible for budgeting, cost accounting, asset management, accounts receivable and will apply accounting principles and practices to a wide range of accounting and fiscal functions. The Director actively engages in strategic planning and develops/manages metrics for, analyzes the progress towards, and facilitates achievement of goals and objectives
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage and analyze unit budgets. Advises unit heads and project authorizers on appropriate courses of action with regard to the management of their funds. Includes preparing financial reports on a regular basis.
• Reconcile Office of Professional Development (OPD) program financial information from the Project Coordinator's closeout reports. Process revenue sharing (contra revenue) or billing to clients per reconciled closeouts.
• Analyze and provide recommendations for OPD/TTS administrative fee, revenue sharing agreements, and sales forecasts; Print Services, MCTC sales forecast, and various summer programming operations.
• Must independently interpret and apply a thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls, accounting theories, functions and principles, accounts receivables, system designs, collection policies, and regulations.
• Serve as the subject matter expert in contract submission; work directly with NC State Procurement & Business Services for contract approvals and serve as a liaison between vendor and procurement for any contract-related issues.
• Applies extensive accounting acumen and background to review and/or process all procurement requisitions $5K and over, small purchase vouchers, reimbursements, and various other accounting tasks.
• Responsible for timely, accurate preparation and examination of a variety of financial reports (financial status reports, cost-sharing reports, etc.) and invoicing.
• Meet with the AVP Business Operations to review progress and prepare the monthly Financial Statements.
• Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations, and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
• Independently resolve complex problems for which no clear precedent exists within the current system or implement new accounting structures. Compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial statements/reports for accuracy and integrity, and conformance to accepted accounting and program guidelines.
• Review, approve, and/or process vouchers, marketplace orders, requisitions, journal entries, and travel reimbursements; refresh internal budgets and serve as a business partner with department heads and program directors.
• Clearly and collaboratively communicate information with diverse audiences in a professional manner; requires communication with appropriate university department(s) and/or knowledge of available resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
Why join our team at NC State?
NC State is a great place to work, recognized by https://news.ncsu.edu/2020/08/nc-state-among-the-top-10-employers-in-north-carolina/. We began as a land-grant institution grounded in agriculture and engineering. Today, we're a leading public research university that excels across disciplines. NC State is a powerhouse in science, technology, engineering and math. We lead in agriculture, education, textiles, business and natural resources. We're at the forefront of teaching and research in design, the humanities and the social sciences. And we're home to one of the planet's best colleges of veterinary medicine. Our nearly 10,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow's challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits and academia to remake our world for the better.
Within NC State, NCSCaLE has been a long-standing organization since 1924. Staff remains dedicated to enhancing the lives of the NC State community and beyond. NCSCaLE believes in transparency within the organization, and our teams care about one another. We are excited to revitalize ourselves and our program, to continue to lead the way in professional development. Most importantly, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to foster a culture of motivation, achievement, and growth.
More about the NCSCaLE including our Vision, Mission, and Values is available on https://mckimmoncenter.ncsu.edu/.
To view the full job posting, application instructions, and to submit an application please visit https://apptrkr.com/3447341 or visit http://jobs.ncsu.edu and search for posting number PG191986EP. If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org call 919-515-2135. For individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.