Director, Cloud Reliability Engineering
Role reports into Global Head of IaaS with peer roles providing Architecture and Operational functions. This is technical leadership role where a successful candidate will have both the ability to roll-up his or her sleeves to seek technical challenges and build and grow a high-performing team. We offer:
Lead of the Engineering and Design function for the Firm's strategic Private Cloud platform, Operating Systems, and Public Cloud Enabling capabilities.
- Manages a team across globe of ~20 Engineers delivering software-defined infrastructure solutions used across all lines of business
- Partners extensively with external vendors to deliver solutions, perform product evaluations, and drive requirements into roadmaps
- Represent Firm on Customer Councils and Industry Forums
- Partner with Application Development Leads to prioritize requirements develop technical solutions to business problems.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Are you able to own an engineering team operating in an Agile Scrum framework?
- Equivalent experience with software development lifecycle processes and tooling, including automated test!
- Outstanding knowledge of VMWare products such as vRealize Suite, NSX, and ESX.
- Experience with Containers solutions such as Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience developing APIs and Orchestrated Workflows.
- Experience developing instrumentation and telemetry to collect data used to drive operational analytics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux operating systems
- Experience implementing controls to ensure ongoing compliance with security baselines and standard methodologies.
- Experience implementing and scaling automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to structure message for detailed technical audiences or senior managers.
- Experience developing high-performing engineering teams.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.