- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Feb 19
Database Administrator for Mainframe # 123841
- Perform DBA support functions for high volume Production DB2 subsystems
- Manage backup, recovery & disaster recovery responsibilities for primary & secondary Production environments
- Participate in on-call & off-hours support coverage
- You will assist application teams with technical advice, diagnosis of SQL errors
- You will assist with data refresh requirements in testing environments
- You will analyze application SQL to recommend performance improvements
- You will work with application teams regarding major implementations and data archival efforts
- You will perform application DBA functions (maintain & implement DDL, manage image copy & maintenance activities) for all testing environments
- You will support migration of DDL across environments to Production
- You will assist with migration and testing activities to support new DB2 releases
- You will participate in DB2 new version install/upgrades across UAT & Production environments
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have a minimum 5 to seven years of hands-on experience in DB2 z/OS Database Administration for v10 and v11
- Do you have extensive knowledge/experience in JCL, TSO ISPF, CICS & COBOL?
- Do you have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. Independent thinking and decision-making capabilities?
- You have experience with IBM DB2 utilities, CA database tools & DB2 performance monitors (CA / BMC)
- Proficiency in application related performance and tuning, including extensive SQL coding tuning
For more information visit Technology Careers.