Credit Risk Review Officer (VP), Credit Risk Review
The Credit Risk Review ("CRR") team at Credit Suisse is an independent review function, which is part of the Chief Risk Officer Division, with a focus on loans and derivatives.
CRR also functions as a liaison between internal business partners and constituents, the board, and the various regulatory agencies. CRR is a high-performing organization focused on close partnership and alignment to the various lines of business leaders, credit control, internal audit and the credit risk approvers.
CRR is responsible for providing an independent assessment of the credit quality and the management of credit risk. You will be working closely with Credit Risk Management (CRM), Front Office credit risk units, CRM Governance, and Internal Audit to ensure:
- Appropriately review the US & global loan and derivatives portfolio.
- Potential weaknesses at the obligor and/or portfolio level have been reported and an appropriate remediation plan is agreed to with the relevant business partners.
- Risks and credit issues are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
Credit File Review
- You will evaluate activities of lending and transaction support personnel in the Corporate Bank and Credit Risk Management, ensuring compliance with policies, approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- You will review loan underwriting practices including CS Credit Rating, Transaction Rating and US Regulatory Rating assignment (where relevant) and adherence to relevant policies.
- You will identify obligors and transactions with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends.
- You will identify existing and/or emerging risks & credit issues relating to credit quality & management of credit risk including but not limited to:
- Gaps in risk rating accuracy, underwriting, credit approval, monitoring, relationship management and credit administration activities.
- Portfolio concentrations.
- Trends, overall condition, and emerging risks within the loan portfolios.
Credit Portfolio Review
- Execute continuous and periodic risk-based loan review programs for U.S. and global loan portfolios as directed.
- Identify portfolio trends at the sector/industry level.
- Monitor an assigned credit portfolio on a continuous basis, conducting transaction reviews of new business, and summarizing results and recommendations in periodic reports.
- Ensure the aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns.
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management.
- Provide senior management and the Board with an objective assessment of the portfolio.
Reporting and Interface
- Prepare executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations to Board and its Risk Committee and executive management.
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to executive management and business and credit units to correct deficiencies identified during reviews and strengthen the credit process.
- Actively participate in the new product approval process.
- Develop and implement a program for analyzing economic and industry data to identify potential impact on the institution's loan portfolio.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of credit data and credit tracking systems.
- Provide assistance and consultation to front office business divisions, credit personnel, auditors, and regulatory examiners.
Technical and Professional Skills
- Provides mentoring to team members, as necessary.
- Demonstrates strong credit analytical skills and strategic mind-set.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Do you have 7+ years of senior experience in wholesale credit risk in an underwriting or adjudication capacity, or as a bank examiner focused on wholesale credit?
- You have comprehensive understanding of credit risk management rules, SNC process, US regulatory ratings and regulatory examination process and practices (required).
- Are you knowledgeable with underwriting, assessing and approving leveraged lending transaction and understanding of SR-13-3? (critical).
- You have in-depth knowledge of lending products.
- You have a partnership mentality with respect to the Credit Suisse enterprise.