Credit Risk Review Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Credit Risk Review ("CRR") team at CS is an independent review function, which is sub division of the Chief Risk Officer Division, with a focus on loans and derivatives.
CRR also functions as a liaison between internal business partners and constituents, the board, and the various regulatory agencies. CRR is a high-performing organization passionate about close partnership and alignment to the various lines of business leaders, credit control, internal audit and the credit risk approvers.
CRR is accountable for providing an independent assessment of the credit quality and the management of credit risk. Applicant will work closely with Credit Risk Management (CRM), Front Office credit risk units, CRM Governance, and Internal Audit to ensure:
- The US & global loan and derivatives portfolio are appropriately reviewed.
- Potential weaknesses at the obligor and/or portfolio level are reported and appropriate remediation plans are is agreed upon with the relevant business partners.
Credit File Review
- Risks and credit issues are accurately reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary:
- Evaluate activities of lending and transaction support personnel in the Corporate Bank and CRM, ensuring compliance with policies, approvals, monitoring and risk assessment.
- Review loan underwriting practices including CS Credit Rating, Transaction Rating and US Regulatory Rating assignment (where relevant) and adherence to relevant policies.
- Identify obligors and transactions with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends.
- Identify existing and/or emerging risks and credit issues relating to quality and management of credit risk including but not limited to:
- Gaps in risk rating accuracy, underwriting, credit approval, monitoring, relationship management and credit administration activities.
- Portfolio concentrations.
- Trends, overall condition, and emerging risks within the loan portfolios.
Credit Portfolio Review
- Execute continuous and periodic risk-based loan review programs for U.S. and global loan portfolios as advised.
- Identify portfolio trends at the sector/industry level.
- Monitor an assigned credit portfolio on a continuous basis, conducting transaction reviews of new business, and summarizing results and recommendations in periodic reports.
- Ensure the aggregate risk profile is understood, is within risk appetite and is reflective of current market conditions and concerns.
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management.
- Provide senior management and the Board with an objective estimate of the portfolio.
Reporting and Interface
- Prepare executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations to Board and its Risk Committee and executive management.
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to executive management and business and credit units to accurate deficiencies identified during reviews and strengthen the credit process.
- Participate actively in the new product approval process.
- Develop and implement a program for analyzing economic and industry data to identify potential impact on the institution's loan portfolio.
- Evaluate the adequacy and efficiency of credit data and credit tracking systems.
- Provide assistance and consultation to front office business divisions, credit personnel, auditors, and regulatory examiners.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 7+ years of senior experience in wholesale credit risk in an underwriting or adjudication capacity, or as a bank examiner focused on wholesale credit
- Proven understanding of credit risk management rules, SNC process, US regulatory ratings and regulatory examination process and practices.
- Provide mentoring to team members, as necessary.
- Demonstrate outstanding credit analytical skills and strategic mind-set.
- Experience underwriting, assessing and approving leveraged lending transaction and understanding of SR-13-3 is a plus!
- Detailed knowledge of lending products.
- Possess a partnership mentality with respect to the Credit Suisse enterprise.
- Hardworking, result oriented with ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
Technical and Professional Skills
- Responsible for mentoring to team members, as necessary.
- Proven track record of credit analytical skills and strategic mind-set.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.