Credit Risk Management, Financial Institutions Analyst
The primary function of this role will be preparing written credit risk reviews of the bank's financial institutions counterparties located in North Americas. You will have experience covering a portfolio of FI counterparties (banks, insurance companies, investment advisors, etc.) and will prepare written credit assessments (initial/annual credit reviews). Responsibilities include:
- Performing fundamental counterparty credit risk analysis and assigning internal credit ratings on financial institution counterparties.
- Preparing and presenting analysis in written format.
- Monitoring market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments and assessing their impact on the credit quality of counterparties.
Responsibilities may potentially evolve to include:
- Providing general assistance to Credit Officers.
- Liaising with Legal department to ensure identified risks are adequately addressed in the legal documentation for structured transactions and setting credit terms in legal documentation (e.g. ISDA and CSA) for flow trading activity.
- Assessing proposed transactions within the context of the transaction structure to ensure structural risks are accurately identified and mitigated.
- Performing ongoing monitoring of complex deals so that any early signs of distress or deviation from the encouraged performance are promptly identified.
You Offer You offer:
- Liaising with Credit Risk Control and Risk Analytics and Reporting departments to ensure that the exposures are adequately reflected in the risk systems.
- You have relevant undergraduate or graduate level degree.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills and understanding of financial documents.
- You have demonstrated proficiency writing reports in English.
- You have excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proactive and able to work independently.
- Solid interpersonal skills - oral and written!