Credit Risk Management Director, Hedge Funds / Site Lead
Credit Suisse's Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key partners throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US. CS is seeking an experienced Director level credit risk officer and Raleigh team lead, covering the bank's hedge fund clients and other alternative investment vehicles/structures (e.g. REITs, loans collateralized by HF or PE fund shares, etc.).
- Managing a team of 3-4 hedge fund credit analysts and providing ongoing training/mentoring while also owning an active portfolio of hedge fund counterparties.
- Conducting credit due diligence, including an assessment of investment strategy, risk controls/infrastructure, management qualifications, portfolio breakdown, leverage, liquidity, fund performance, etc.
- Performing initial and ongoing written credit analyses, which involves assigning/monitoring internal credit ratings and limits, documenting key exposures and non-standard arrangements, and providing supporting recommendations.
- Analyzing/approving live transactions, ensuring risks are properly identified and adequately mitigated.
- Negotiating credit terms and covenants across a variety of trading/financing agreements.
- Ongoing exposure monitoring (using VaR and other scenario-based risk measures) against established credit limits/appetite.
- Monitoring market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments and assessing their impact on the credit quality of counterparties.
Raleigh Site-Lead Responsibilities:
- Represent CRM in Raleigh Management Committee; act as liaison between NY and RAL offices, maintaining ongoing communication with Divisional Chief Credit Officer and direct reports to ensure information is exchanged effectively.
- Act as secondary manager for growing Raleigh-based team of 30+ across all teams / industry verticals (Corporates, Financial Institutions, Hedge Funds, Real Estate / Asset Finance, Portfolio Management)
- Participate in recruitment efforts; provide feedback to line managers for inclusion in mid-year / year-end review and objective setting discussions
- Act as general resource for teams and oversee administrative matters (onboarding, seating, etc.)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- You have relevant undergraduate or graduate level degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting).
- You have 7-10 years of required experience , preferably in a Hedge Fund credit risk management role.
- You should have solid working knowledge of hedge fund strategies and products traded across equity, fixed income, currency and commodity markets, including prime brokerage, OTC and listed derivatives, repo, TBA's, etc.
- You are comfortable leading client due diligence calls and providing effective review and challenge on structured deals proposed by front office and clients.
- You have solid leadership/mentoring skills and team player.
- You are self-motivated and naturally inquisitive.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have strong communication and negotiation skills - both oral and written.
- You have excellent time management skills and able to multi-task.
- You have the ability to utilize multiple applications and technology platforms.