Corporate Bank Financial Analyst, ENO, NC
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
The role sits within the Global Corporate Banking COO Group, based in New York. The individual will be the part of the team supporting the Global Head of Corporate Bank and work on both financial planning/analysis and risk management initiatives. They will conduct strategic analysis, manage/lead key initiatives, provide general business support and produce management presentations. The individual has to be an independent self-starter, ideally with a financial background. Outstanding interpersonal skills are essential and a good working knowledge of Investment Banking products, in particular Loan Products, and market/regulatory trends are highly desirable. The successful candidate must have a desire to be the part of a team with a broad scope that is responsible for day to day business management as well as long-term strategic department initiatives.
- Prepare weekly and monthly new business and risk management reporting
- Generate origination and loan reporting
- Perform business analysis to assist in the decision making of senior management, including but not limited to the business approval process
- Assist in the development and design of the annual strategic plan
- Assist in the preparation of materials for regular business oversight and risk limit committee meetings
- Numerous special projects and ad-hoc analyses as required
- Ongoing management of client profitability/ economic contribution
- Assist in new product development initiatives (hedging programs, development of new lending opportunities, legal entity migrations)
- Support regulatory compliance through continued development of Departments recovery and resolution planning
- Support the ongoing development of department business analysis data sets and reporting tools
List of skills and qualification encouraged in an applicant:
- Equivalent experience of at least 1-2 years' within investment banking, COO, CFO or other financial services roles;
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and interpret large data sets of business information;
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)!
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in confidential matters;
- Confidence to work with senior management;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Exposure to and knowledge of markets or related experience is a plus!
- Accounting or product control experience (ledger entries, balance sheet reconciliation, valuation control)
- Proven knowledge of credit products and market trends (both from a business as well as regulatory standpoint)
- Proven understanding of risk management concepts and metrics
- An understanding of Regulatory Guidelines (Basel 3 Regulation, Leveraged Lending, Dodd-Frank, etc.)
Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.