Corporate Advisory Associate - GMI
As a Corporate Advisory Associate, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth of a leading Investor Relations surveillance services provider and make an immediate impact to the business and our corporate clients.
Are you an enthusiastic and collaborative team member? Do you enjoy learning and discussing various aspects of the financial markets in a supportive team environment?
We're looking for an Associate, within the Issuer Solutions Division to:
- Support clients with intelligence around their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets.
- Provide clients with targeting intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
- Follow public equity markets and update clients about events affecting individual stocks, specific sectors, and the broader economy.
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients' stocks, and provide insight, color and context around the movements.
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategy and trading.
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the team's service offering to clients.
You will be working with the Advisory Team in Raleigh, NC. The Advisory division is broken down between ten sector teams that cover all macro areas of the market. Each team is headed up by a Director with over 10 years of financial industry experience, and team members of all levels are actively contributing to the team's success. Advisory teams are split between our Raleigh, NC and New York City offices with a flexible work from home policy. You have:
- 0-5 years of financial experience or in a related field
- "Dual threat" skills with both strong quantitative and qualitative talent
- Analytical reasoning ability as well as effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative skill set that allows you to work within a dynamic and inclusive team
- An ability to analyze data and absorb new information in an enthusiastic, fast-paced environment
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of capital markets
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with client-facing situations
- Resourceful and not afraid to ask questions
- BA or BS Degree in a financial or quantitative related discipline, focus on data analytics a plus
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.