Controller - IB Controls
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Investment Banking Controls is looking for an ENO-AVP candidate to support both Front Office and Middle Office teams in the Investment Banking Division. As a Controls function, we ensure that appropriate levels of supervisory oversight are maintained across the division. The Controls team is responsible for managing Operational Risk through analysis, control testing, and reporting & governance forums. The team is tasked with resolving hot topic issues which prevent or slow business. Through various process improvement techniques, we measure and analyze current processes and engineer changes when gaps exist to ensure adequate controls. The successful applicant is an independent problem solver with strong analytical skills, who will collaborate within a team to achieve the broader goals and objectives.
In this role, applicant will have the opportunity to work on projects spanning many diverse groups within the Investment Banking division. Applicant will be encouraged to regularly interact with business partners in various Business, Risk, Compliance and Audit functions. This role is fast paced with a constantly evolving scope, which includes reactive tasks to control incidents, and proactive work to improve the control environment. The IB Controls Raleigh team utilizes Lean Six Sigma techniques and Robotic Process Automation tools to tackle complex problems and automate the control landscape.
- Perform tyre kick functions and deep dives on transactional regulatory reports (e.g. OATS, ACT, TRACE, CAT) to review processes and procedures, perform root cause analysis, and provide recommendations on adjusting the reporting process and the control environment to improve client experience.
- Evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identifying potential risks through control gaps.
- Perform control testing and front-to-back quality assurance reviews to measure control efficiency in BAU processes. Drive remediation actions and partner with process owners to implement changes.
- Participate in existing and/or develop new governance forums to bring relevant business partners together, enable visible and accountable reporting, and allow for accurate blocking issue channels.
- Collect raw data from various sources, perform data mining, and develop performance indicators, to tackle business problems and identify trends leading to control breaks.
- Define new control reports where necessary to help maintain control over regulatory requirements, and compliance with current firm policies and processes.
- Actively monitor controls and open action points (Compliance, Internal Audit, Regulatory Reporting, RCSA, Incidents), to ensure all existing issues are addressed within appropriate timeframes.
- Ensure timely facilitation of month-end and year-end completeness of Investment Banking compliance to section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX); including Beginning of Year and End of Year processes.
- Provide assistance to control and process owners in Global Markets for CCAR and IHC testing and documentation.
- Review existing control inventories and ensuring they are up to the standards set in the Control Activities Framework.
- Provide full assistance to internal clients as required, including formal and informal training.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Equivalent experience of at least 3+ years of in Financial Services.
- Proven knowledge of transactional regulatory reporting for FINRA and SEC (e.g. OATS, TRACE, BlueSheets, CAT) a plus
- Knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at Credit Suisse is a plus!
- Outstanding hands on experience with advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g: pivot tables, VLOOKUP), PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and SharePoint skills.
- Ability to conduct complex analysis under specified timeframes.
- Execution-focused, and able to work on multiple small- and mid-size projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated and willing to work in both team and independent situations.
- Flexibility to take things on not wholly within the written scope of the function, and can handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Interpersonal, strong communication skills!
- Clearly communicates status to manager and is visible in raising risks/issues.
- Highly organized and has strong attention to detail
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.