Communications & Engagement Lead
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
An opportunity exists in the IB and CRCO Technology division to coordinate communications and employee engagement function across the 9000+ person organization as a key member of CAO function.
IB and CRCO Technology provides innovative, robust and commercially differentiating front-to-back technology solutions to the IB and CRCO divisions, in support of delivering a robust, visible, and fully coordinated markets franchise to clients. The function collaborates with the IB and CRCO Technology CAO and works closely with senior management and other communications colleagues within the division.
This role will be accountable for managing Communications and Engagement work streams. The role offers the opportunity to gain significant experience within IB and CRCO Technology, to play an important role in the messaging and communication of the division's strategy, and to work directly with the senior leaders in the organization. This role in based in Raleigh.
- Solicit, edit, and consolidate high quality weekly department achievements which are presented to the ExB members.
- Establish processes and drive a comprehensive department wide quarterly recognition program crafted to improve organizational culture and differentiate outstanding performers
- Deliver communications via multiple written and electronic channels such as video channel, social media, intranet, newsletters, etc.
- Build original content for blog posts, short newsfeeds, and articles for various CS publications inside and outside the organization.
- Use video as a communications channel, team up with Multimedia Event and Production Services (MEPS) and key presenters / domain specialists.
- Act as global coordinator for the CIO Council, comprised of high-performing, highly-engaged staff who serve as the "eyes and ears" of the organization, providing feedback to the CIO and MC members. CIO Council members complete a quarterly project (e.g. philanthropy events, panel discussions, focus groups, etc.), and meet with their regional sponsor (i.e. a senior leader within GM Technology) on a quarterly basis for networking, planning, and brainstorming. As the CIO Council global coordinator, the incumbent will help to ensure alignment, consistency, and visibility between the CIO Council chapters.
- Coordinate and promote global employee engagement events, such as Power Hours, Strategy Forums, knowledge share series, etc. designed to promote engineering culture and increase the level of engagement between senior leaders and staff.
- Coordinate special in-person employee engagement events, e.g. an IT Women's Council-sponsored coffee chat with an MC member.
List of skills and qualification the applicant is encouraged to have
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Superb communication skills proven track record to write clear, concise business communication
- Ability to understand and focus on detail, but also able to take a big picture strategic approach
- Communicate optimally with colleagues of all levels, including senior members of organization
- Highly principled behavior (the incumbent may have exposure to confidential information and data)
- Outstanding organizational skills with an ability to multi-task!
- In-depth understanding of the IB and CRCO Technology strategy and its key themes
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with others
- Outstanding project and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Power Point)
- Detailed understanding of global financial markets preferred, but not required!
- Understanding of and experience with video production (primarily script writing and team up with MEPS) is preferred, but not essential
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.