Client Services Analyst
Client Service Analyst - Trading Analytics Raleigh, North Carolina
IHS Markit Trading Analytics delivers cutting-edge quantitative tools which help brokers and asset managers synchronize trade execution quality management and meet regulatory compliance reporting needs. Our sophisticated evaluation analytics for algorithms and smart order routers also provide execution quality reporting and trading intelligence to sell-side firms.
Increasingly complex trade processes continue to expand the need for performance data and actionable insights to support best execution. Evolving global regulations also continue to drive increased scrutiny and market participants requirement for trusted partners who understands trade execution best practice and its impact on their compliance reporting obligations. Position summary
The Trading Analytics team strive to deliver a best-in-class experience in product support, relationship management and customer communications. We are looking for a client services analyst to join our global team, working alongside colleagues in New York, London, and Singapore.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with customers in top-tier financial institutions on both the buy-side and sell-side, ensuring their requests are prioritized and resolved.
Analysts partner with internal groups such as product management, operations, technology, and sales to resolve problems or deliver product enhancements aimed at retaining existing customers and increasing revenues to the business. Duties & accountabilities
- Manage the relationship and communication between clients and the business.
- Become a subject matter expert on Trading Analytics products and share knowledge with end users.
- Understand the needs of different customers and work with internal product management, technical & operations teams to ensure we deliver effective solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external partners on issues that require escalation and manage the process effectively through to resolution.
- Provide insight to the sales team and product managers regarding new revenue opportunities and new product enhancements.
Education and Experience
- Drive continual improvement of the client service processes and strive for a world class customer experience.
- Candidates should be university degree level educated. Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences related qualifications are preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of main Microsoft Office programs is required.
- 1-2 years' experience from previous roles or internships, with client facing responsibilities an advantage.
- Knowledge of trade processing, best execution, and transaction cost analysis (TCA) a definite plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Python beneficial.
- Interest in working with software systems and technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Candidates must fully appreciate the impact and significance of their role within the business.
- An understanding of our commitment to providing exceptional customer service is essential.
- Excellent problem solving, and strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of the current and future direction of the business industry and associated technologies.
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies.
- Interested in the current and future direction of the industry and associated technologies.
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with external clients and with colleagues at all levels.
- The candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills and be driven to achieve deadlines.
- Resilient and organized character with an ability to remain calm and work methodically towards a resolution in demanding circumstances.
- Ambitious and looking to build a career in a dynamic financial services company.
- Able to self-organize, schedule, and prioritize effectively. Managing multiple tasks in parallel and delivering to a high standard while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to present information with clarity
- Confident speaking directly with customers, senior management, and colleagues across divisions.
- The support team is made up of many talented people, based in offices throughout the world who all work closely together. The candidate must be able to fit into this structure and collaborate effectively with both business and technical teams.
- We're seeking candidates who are able to demonstrate an aptitude for working effectively as part of a team to achieve shared objectives.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.