Capital Markets & Advisory Client Onboarding Junior Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The main objective of the IBCM On-boarding Team is to provide support to facilitate, risk manage and control the IBCM client onboarding process and IBCM Bankers generally located in the U.S. and Canada for:
- On-boarding new clients to the following booking entities: CSSU, NYB, CIB, CSSC and TB
- Completing KYC Periodic Reviews of Clients
- Coordinates the KYC on-boarding process from front to back
- Work as a single point of contact for IBCM bankers, providing quick advice on completing KYC requirements
- Address any issues that may arise in the onboarding of clients
- Help ensure high standards of Ethics and Control are maintained during on-boarding processes through enforcement of requirements
- Work with Financial Crime Compliance to understand the relevant AML / KYC / CID rules and apply them to the IBCM Division
- Communicate the rules to IBCM and provide training to Bankers
- Assist with ad-hoc/ongoing regulatory projects and improves quality of client static data on CS internal databases
- Prepare metrics on the CID process
- 1st line verification of the identity of prospective clients within the Investment Banking Capital Markets division;
- Act as a liaison between Banking deal teams and FCC, accountable for the completion of the KYC process and ensuring proper diligence is completed in line with the KYC guidelines for IBCM clients;
- Conduct database searches and evaluate results to ensure that new customers are not subject to OFAC or other global sanctions lists and that the customer and related parties do not present any reputational risk to the Firm;
- Undertake specific due diligence as required, including but not limited to, Finders/Consultants, Reputation Risk, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions, Sustainability;
- Advise deal teams of deficiencies in paperwork submitted and educating deal teams on the Firm's KYC obligations;
- Work closely with FCC units in other jurisdictions in order to stay ahead of local regulatory requirements;
- Coordinate with FCC and other corporate functions to make sure IBCM is fully abreast of current regulatory requirements and is prepared ahead of time for expected changes to the KYC process;
- Ability to prioritize various functions under defined timelines with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency;
- Identify and undertake projects to improve the process and application of Credit Suisse Client ID procedures, as and when required, utilizing technology where possible;
- Able to interact with members of deal team at all levels and be able to work under specific timeline; particularly during off hours as we service a 24-hour business.
- Completed undergraduate degree, business, accounting or related field preferred!
- Confirmed analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to understand business strategy/constraints and partner with other areas of the firm to integrate business views with those of other areas of the Investment Bank;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Word
- Flexibility to adapt to new business needs from internal policy and regulatory changes;
- Outstanding time management, ability to prioritize responsibilities and remain organized in a high pressure environment;
- Equivalent experience of at least 1-3 years in AML/KYC for a Financial institution with experience of due diligence of IBCM Markets Clients (Corporate clients, Financial Institutions, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Hedge Funds, Funds, SPVs);
- Detailed understanding of the IBCM business and the products and services it offers (M&A, ECM, DCM, HYCM, Corporate Lending);
- Outstanding knowledge of the wide range, and complex variety, of fund/corporate structures;
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and disposition appropriately;
- Results oriented teammate with outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a close knit team environment but love to work independently and drive a project when required;
- Highly committed, with drive and enthusiasm and excellent collaboration skills;
- Experience in leading change across an organization through influence and collaboration, validated leadership skills in a collaborative culture is a plus.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking, and/or Wealth Management industries preferred!
- Knowledge of financial regulations in particular those relevant to Investment Banking
- Knowledge of Lexis Nexis, Bloomberg, World Check, Factiva and various Compliance Related Systems
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.