- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Oct 18
CRO COO Control Testing Officer - VP # 118374
You will become a part of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) 1st Line of Defense Operational Risk and Control Department, controls testing team. This role supports the Senior Control Officer contributing in the development and build-out of business area plans and operating model supporting key regulatory programs impacting Credit Suisse, e.g. RDAR, BCBS 239, Volcker, Dodd-Frank, Sarbanes Oxley and CAF.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
Testing and Documentation Support
- You will be responsible for testing and documentation of key controls
- You will meet with Line control owners during the beginning of year review process to verify existing controls or define new controls
- You will work with the control owner to document the control description and perform and document the design effectiveness test (DET) within agreed deadlines
- Work with the control owner to perform and document the operational effectiveness testing (OET) within agreed deadlines
- Work with the FRCOs to support control owners in the completion of beginning of year, testing and end of year sign-offs within MARCS
Quality Assurance (QA)
- You will be responsible for review of key controls and testing documentation
- You will review controls to ensure they are designed effectively to meet the intended control objectives
- Review test plans to confirm they provide sufficient detail to support the testing of the operating effectiveness of the control
- Review tests to ensure they are documented sufficiently such that an independent person could re-perform the test
- Review issues to ensure they have been raised and documented appropriately throughout the testing process
- Responsible for documentation and management of issues relating to key controls throughout the issue life cycle
- Where DET and OET tests are not effective raise an issue within MARCS
- Work in partnership with the FRCO and control owner to develop appropriate issue control improvement plans
- Ensure that all control issues identified during testing are accurately and completely documented
- You will work with Line to handle issues from opening through remediation and finally to completion of issue retest
Interfaces: Direct manager, Testing Team, FRCOs, Control and Application owners and other departments
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have extensive experience of design and operating effectiveness testing for Business controls (Volcker/SOX/BCBS 239).
- Do you have experience in Banking/Financial services industry/Audit/Big 4?
- Do you have strong analytical and interpersonal skills?
- Your attention to detail and accuracy of work is important for this role.
- Do you have an excellent team player/team leading skills?
- Your exposure in risk area preferred (Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operation Risk, Capital Risk etc.).