Application Support and Integration Developer
IHS Markit's Global Markets Group (GMG) provides market intelligence, data and technology solutions to all participants in the Global Markets.
We're seeking a talented and highly motivated Engineer to help us 2nd line Application Support. Solve interesting technical challenges in the areas of distributed high-performance computing for a high-available cloud environment. Candidate is willing to explore new tools & technologies to meet the product demands.
This person will report directly to the regional support manager responsible for application support on these systems and will work closely with the global team contributing to the quality of our support. Duties & accountabilities
- Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with development team as required for third line escalation.
- Implement and monitor system checks for early detection of potential problems and raise the appropriate service outage ticket to initiate the incident management process when needed.
- Drive and engage in disaster recovery processes for all products.
- Coordinate with product and delivery teams to ensure the App Support team is ready for new releases and engaged in early design of new enhancements.
- Work on initiatives and continuous improvement process around proactive application health monitoring, reporting, and technical support.
Education & experience
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in an Application Support role
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of Oracle, SQL and RDBMS - including database query plan analysis and monitoring
- Knowledge of operating systems most especially Windows and Linux is a must. Good shell scripting experience is a must. Ability to use python scripting is an advantage
- Ideally familiar with monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, Centreon and Monolith
- Must have fundamental knowledge of networking basics and topology
- Knowledge of AWS/CI-CD and some of its technologies such as Git, Elasticsearch, EC2, Redshift, etc. is an advantage
- Must be knowledgeable in SDLC and experience in raising development bugs - including priority assessment, high quality analysis, and detailed investigation. Understanding of agile methodology, a plus
- Experience in reading and debugging .Net code is added advantage
- University Graduate with Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Computer Engineering related degree, Master's Degree is a plus
- Knowledge of, or experience of working in the financial services industry would be a plus
- Excellent understanding of software systems and technology
- Good understanding of software support team functions and a solid understanding of the end to end application development process
- A strong desire to keep up with all the latest developments in related technologies
- Confident individual who can represent the team at various levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out business impact analysis and prioritize tasks according to severity and importance
- Must be a strong communicator both written and verbally in English
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly languages
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently as well as contribute to the team's requirements
- Be able to work flexible shift hours including weekends to meet work requirements and project deadlines
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.