Application Environment Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
Group Operations Solutions (GOS) / Operations IT are looking for a resource with Distributed Technologies experience to collaborate with Application Development, QA, Infrastructure and Business Stakeholders to optimally Configure, Maintain and Improve Stability of UAT Environments for Group Operations Business Applications hosted globally.
- Operate as a team member based in Raleigh for Distributed Technologies Application Environment Management activities.
- Support the onshore and offshore environment management team with knowledge on the setup/configuration and maintenance activities of application non-Prod Environments.
- Co-ordinate environment activities with other teams requiring support in Mainframe Applications Owned by Group Operations Solutions Group.
- Run Batch Cycles/Executions, investigate and address issues and optimize Batch configurations.
- Aid in planning and execution of UAT activities
- Opportunity to work with Application Development and QA teams during system upgrades/End Of Life (EOL) remediation activities for the Applications in the supported areas.
- Provide Technical SME knowledge for the setup and operation of the application environments.
- Opportunity to automate manual activities and enhance environments monitoring and Stability of Application Environments supported.
- Opportunity to work with Development and QA teams and contribute to implementation of DevOps Practices/Pipelines
- Opportunity to build on investment banking knowledge especially Settlements processing
- Applicant will be the part of a distributed team
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science
- 2-5 years of overall professional experience. With equivalent experience of at least 1-2 years in Application Environment Management/Application Level 2 Support (investigative support).
- Equivalent work experience with supporting Application Environments or Applications for the following technologies:
- Unix/Linux and Windows
- Oracle/MS SQL Server/Sybase
- IBM MQ/OMB
- Batch Scheduler, preferably Control-M
- Experience in Incident Management, Change Management and Release Management is desirable.
- Exposure to DevOPS Practices implementation.
- Data streaming experience is a bonus!
- Outstanding analytical troubleshooting skills and ability to own problems through to resolution and keep business partners up to date on the progress of resolution.
- Great teammate - highly proactive teammate eager to support your colleagues when needed.
- Prepared to take on responsibility for tasks and work independently.
- Self-starter, love to take ownership of tasks on short-notice and work under stress & challenging timeframes.
- Proactively find opportunities to automate manual processes to improve efficiency and Application Environment Stability.
- Outstanding experience in working with global teams and ability to coordinate activities with multiple internal teams operating globally.
- Strong communication skills!
- Strong organizational and time management skills is essential
- A proven ability to pick up and learn a wide range of new technologies and topics.
- Work in a shift outside of standard India business hours.
- Investment Banking knowledge especially Securities/Cash and Settlement processing would be advantageous.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.