Accounting - Regulatory Reporting # 106921
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision. Our focus is to lead the bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through a rewarding and inclusive partnership culture.
Regulatory Reporting is the process by which the Bank's financial results are reported externally to regulators and other stakeholders. You will serve a meaningful role in the regulatory reporting. In this role, you will be a leader in the team responsible for reporting to the Federal Reserve for Credit Suisse's US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) Credit Suisse Holdings (Americas) Inc. which is the parent company of the firm's significant US entities. You will interact directly with regulators, internal and external auditors, head office, and other senior level partners.
- You review and analyze financial reports according to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and regulatory requirements.
- You perform thorough analysis of the balance sheet and P&L to provide a proper control environment and ensure that reports have a high degree of accuracy.
- You act as a trusted partner to internal and external partners regarding regulatory requirements across a broad suite of products, including trading inventory, derivatives, loans, and repos.
- You build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization.
- You drive automation and efficiency by seeing opportunities to enhance reporting systems and liaising with IT and Change Management to implement changes.
- You maintain controlled and well-documented processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Finance.
- CPA / MBA preferred.
- You have 8+ years prior related accounting / regulatory / financial reporting experience (experience in public accounting or banking industry preferred).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- You have an excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and senior management.
- Ability to act as both a formal and informal leader to the reporting team.
- Driven - someone who accepts challenge.
- Demonstrate initiative - a self-starter that requires minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines.
- Work autonomously and can successfully build and maintain cross functional relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive control mindset.