AVP Financial Analyst-Product Control
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Securitized Products Product Control performs a number of key responsibilities through daily and monthly reporting. We fulfill this role through:
- Manage the complete, accurate and timely reporting and analysis of Revenue and Balance Sheet.
- Working with the businesses to evaluate & integrate new products and strategies in a controlled manner, ensuring appropriate reporting, accounting and disclosures.
- Providing reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external partners, including regulators, and other relevant internal groups
Specifically, this requires coordinating closely with the business, accounting policy and financial accounting. A detailed knowledge of Fixed Income Products, Mortgage Backed Securities and Derivatives is an advantage. You should demonstrate strong communication skills, interpret large amounts of data and have strong supervisory experience around complex processes. The candidate should be able to work efficiently and productively through tight reporting windows without compromising control.
Responsibilities will include revenue analysis (incl Risked Based PnL), accurate production of Regulatory Filings and Complex Disclosures with a Material impact to the Bank's Financial Documents. These include Disclosures for FAS 167, FAS 166, Fair Value Measurement and Fair Value Option Roll Forward Templates. Additional responsibilities include reporting for various Reg Filings to the SEC and FINRA, as well as evaluating Trading / Banking Book Eligibility across the business.
Performance of the Role requires a full understanding of the Securitization Business, monitoring of the business strategy and being able to articulate and report on significant events and drivers influencing revenue and balance sheet. The role will offer exposure to senior members of the Firm and to a growing business which will improve the overall profitability. Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducting various analyses across the business with respect to Turnover, Inventory Aging, Pricing, Providing opinion on accounting and revenue reporting for new deals, and reviewing securitization activity.
- Representing the Team on projects and system enhancements.
- Ensuring the compliance with SOX controls and Accounting Standards, eg Failed Sales.
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, Regulatory and Accounting Policy)
Product Controllers must be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They must also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build positive relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, ideal candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 5-7 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience;
- Experience with securitization (commercial or residential mortgage back securities) is a plus!
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Detailed understanding of US GAAP Accounting disclosures
- Exposure to mortgage related products such as RMBS, ABS, CMBS
- Proficient PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as outstanding manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Phenomenal teammate, proactive, hardworking, who can be dynamic and implement process changes
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.