- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 Sep 18
AVP - CCAR Controls Team - Raleigh # 116260
The Americas Capital planning and Resolution team has formed a team that provides line risk, control oversight and management information to Senior Management. Control and Assurance is a key function that is responsible for working in partnership with all areas across the various capital planning functions to identify key control points and to ensure that the overall control environment is robust and aligned with FRB's expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring operational/control risks are identified and mitigated in areas of people, processes and systems.
AVP role in the Americas Capital planning and resolution Control & Assurance team in Raleigh, key responsibilities are to:
- Positively impact the development and implementation of the risk and control framework for the CCAR Central Office Function, with appropriate alignment to bank-wide standards.
- Provide risk expertise and structured thinking to Ad-hoc projects and tasks such as; crafting and implementing risk and control assessments; evaluating data and development of senior management reporting.
- Seek out and engage SMEs across the organization to help develop standard methodology and roll out mentorship for core control activities or meaningful risk topics. Tactically produce guidelines and re-engineer processes; partner with other parts of Capital planning processes to help lead implementation.
- Perform and at times lead Ad-hoc assurance / deep-dive reviews with a risk and control based approach, covering hot topics and in response to high risk areas or important themes. You will need to be able to work autonomously on reviews from planning to completion / reporting.
- Assist with targeted training and awareness to continue to develop a stronger control environment leveraging existing materials and improving through limited investment as needed.
- Support the development and implementation of control monitoring and reporting across Capital Planning processes and at times lead projects and initiatives. Represent CCAR Control team on certain risk and control matters directly at the working group level.
- Partner with other functions across the Bank (e.g. FA, IA, ORM, LCD) to ensure consistency, fit for purpose and to drive positive cultural change. Act as an SME group in relation to CCAR Controls.
- Ability to craft quality board level PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with the development of Resolution & Recovery Planning process documentation and controls.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have minimum of 3 yrs Operational Risk and Control experience or a consistent track record in a similar risk related discipline (e.g Audit, Consulting). Supplemented with wider financial business and product knowledge from other roles.
- Delivery focused - A confirmed ability to successfully run projects / reviews / tasks to completion at a high standard. Understand and apply policy and build practical and simple operational risk guidelines based off several data points and previous incidents.
- Strong interpersonal skills - you will be expected to articulate complex operational risk issues in a structured, targeted and impactful manner to partners and management.
- Creative and inquisitive mindset - Strategic thinker with ability to evaluate problems at a high level and then deep-dive into specific aspects; Questioning the status quo and identifying issues and improvements with a desire to develop professional relationships at all levels within the firm.
- You have a Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting/Auditing discipline. Further relevant qualifications such as CPA, CIA or MBA desirable.
- You have experience across a range of Shared Services functions (such as Product Control, Operations or Financial Accounting) would also be desirable.
- Intermediate PowerPoint & Excel required as baseline skills (advanced skills preferred).