Workplace Financial Consultant - North Carolina
As a Retirement Planner you're to be seen as a member of the "HR Team" with your assigned plan. Your role is critical in helping each plan participant achieve success with planning towards their retirement.
We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-10 years of financial services experience
- Series 7,63, 65/66 (required)
- Life and annuity licenses (required)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of proven consultative sales experience in a sales capacity providing financial planning services to high net worth clients
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning concepts; including a general understanding of applicable tax and estate planning issues
of Your Role
The Retirement Planner (RP), part of Fidelity's Personal & Workplace Investments organization, provides a personalized needs-based experience focused on the participants financial priorities. RP's enable the best possible outcomes for Tax-Exempt Market (TEM) plan sponsors and participants while increasing engagement and enabling future growth within the Tax-Exempt Market place.
The Retirement Planner delivers guidance interactions with participants around their workplace retirement saving plans. On-site guidance ranges from one-on-one appointments to group educational events focused on basic concepts such as company plan overviews and budgeting/debt management. While Retirement Planners are able to discuss more complex topics such as income planning and portfolio reviews, these topics will be usually be handled by a Director, Retirement Planner.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional demeanor with both internal and external clients
- Proven sales success utilizing a consultative sales process
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Receptive to feedback and willingness to adapt to change
- Proven capability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative
- Strong presentation skills and ability to engage an audience
- In-depth knowledge of the objectives, features, and benefits of Fidelity's solutions
- Self-motivated, team player with entrepreneurial spirit
- Relationship management skills
- Thorough knowledge of WI Focuspoint, Salesforce and other TEM systems
- You'll be delivering fundamental and/or complex guidance to workplace participants, utilizing Fidelity's tools such as Portfolio Review, Income Planner, Retirement Quick Check, and Retirement Income Plan.
- Partnering with Relationship Management to achieve client satisfaction and loyalty measures as determined by the business unit while proactively consulting with business partners to collect all relevant details pertaining to the Plan Sponsor relationship.
- Developing and cultivate new and existing circle of influence relationships on campus and within the Retirement Planners book of business
- Consistently achieving targeted plan sponsor satisfaction
How Your Work Impacts
You're tasked with creating awareness around retirement readiness and influencing our customers to take action to improve their personal retirement situation. You're providing value to Fidelity in a variety of ways such as increasing cash flow through increasing deferrals and driving crossover customers to create Personal & Workplace Investment flows. Certifications:
Series 07 - FINRA, Series 66 - FINRA Company Overview
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients . We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
Join Us At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you've always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity
at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.