Sr Software Engineer Developer
Job Description: Senior (Full Stack) Software Engineer
Fidelity Personal Investing - Client Solutions Technology Chapter Area is looking for a passionate Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to build and support world-class products for our One Stop Life Shop Domain in the Technology Team. Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, passionate, and self-driven. We work in a very dynamic agile environment. The Team
The team will partner with the Fidelity enterprise stakeholders and several Personal Investing (PI) and Workplace Investing (WI) teams in creating scalable end to end customer experiences delivered consistently across Fidelity. As a senior engineer, your primary role will be building, testing and engineering web applications using modern technologies like angular, nodejs, and REST APIs. You will be expected to quickly gain understanding of all the components of our web applications and will work with the team to deliver best in class solutions. Required Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- 3+ years of development experience in JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, Jquery, Backbone, Angular, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor.
- 2+ years of Responsive & Progressive Modern Web application development.
- Make significant contributions to our technology platform
- Design patterns, UML
- Test Driven Development, Junit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
- IDE's Spring Tool Suite, and Eclipse, within a UNIX and Windows environment.
- Application build, deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools - Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
- Writing SQL queries and debugging stored procedures within an Oracle environment.
- Leadership: Team player, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- Scrum Developer certification is a plus
- Understanding of docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure) will be a plus
- Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable and extensible.
- Define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
How Your Work Impacts
Our ever-evolving technology stack ensures a great learning culture in the team. We are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. This team has a direct and positive impact on Fidelity's customers. Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.