Senior DevOps Systems Engineer
Job Description: Position Description
Designs technical solutions using DevOps practices. Performs Linux and Windows system administration - troubleshooting, security monitoring, and provisioning and maintaining databases. Performs automated provisioning, using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Cloud services, and configuration management tools (Ansible). Containerizes applications, using Kubernetes and Docker. Provides automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) for applications, using Jenkins Artifactory, Udeploy, Groovy, and Shell and Python scripts. Primary Responsibilities:
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts.
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in multiple platforms.
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to implementation.
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance testing.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a project.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives. Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience maintaining infrastructure and supporting software applications built using Java within a multi-platform environment, and provisioning continuous integration, deployment, and delivery environments.
Or, alternatively, a Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience maintaining infrastructure and supporting software applications built using Java within a multi-platform environment, and provisioning continuous integration, deployment, and delivery environments. Skills and Knowledge
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") performing automated provisioning, using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure Cloud services; orchestrating and designing Cloud services to host Web applications and automate their build and deployment processes, using AWS Cloud formation, Terraform, Route 53, and AWS auto scaling; deploying Microsoft Azure Virtual Networks, VPNs, ExpressRoutes, Traffic Managers, and Load Balancers; and managing artificial intelligence and fractional share websites and applications.
- DE performing infrastructure automation and development, using configuration management and containerization technologies - Ansible and Docker - for multitier Web applications; configuring Web applications and WordPress websites on containers, using Kubernetes, Containers, and distributed systems; and designing, implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Kubernetes and Docker Container Orchestration infrastructure.
- DE performing Linux and Windows systems administration including, troubleshooting, security monitoring, and performance tuning databases - Mariadb, Postgresql, Mongo DB, and Redis lab; configuring and scripting DevOps processes in uDeploy and Jenkins for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), using Groovy, Shell, and Python; and designing and administer Opensource databases - Mariadb, Postgresql, Mongo DB, and Redis lab - using Flyway tool.
- DE performing DevOps engineering and enterprise level platform automation in production (PERF and PROD) and non-production (DEV, QA, UAT, and XQ1) environments; automating administration functions - maintaining source control, monitoring server security and system performance, performing patching, and designing best practices for backups and recovery - using Ansible, uDeploy, Flyway, and Python scripts.
#PE1M2 Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at accommodations @fmr.com or call 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.