Principal Systems Analyst
Job Description: Position Description
Builds functional test cases and assists in the testing and validation of tests prior to functionality releases. Automates functional test cases using Cucumber test framework. Provides analysis leadership on complex systems analysis projects across subsystems and companies in a matrix organization. Works in an Agile development environment and drives sprints to ensure delivery of products. Translates business requirements into systems requirements for developers. Consults with business users to develop recommendations that address difficult and complex business needs and opportunities. Primary Responsibilities:
• Leads and conducts interviews with business users to gather requirements, and understand technology needs and system and workflow challenges.
• Develops recommendations that address complex business needs and opportunities.
• Establishes full project life cycle plans and defines scope for complex systems analysis projects.
• Leads analysts in the execution of documents on large and complex projects, and monitors the quality and progress of documents created by other analysts.
• Designs systems based on requirements.
• Leads and participates in the definition of test strategies, and coordinates user acceptance testing efforts.
• Communicates progress of concurrent projects to management.
• Serves as an industry subject matter expert, and identifies other subject matter experts who are the sources of requirements for large and complex projects.
• Works with internal teams to evolve standards and best practices for systems analysis processes.
• Participates in incident and crisis management to assess business impact, and to determine and facilitate workarounds.
• Advises on risk assessment and management strategies.
• Takes ownership of Agile processes, drives Scrum meetings, and prepares for and facilitates sprint planning.
• Breaks down stories and provides effort estimations.
• Identifies, defines, and documents problem domains and translates those to technology requirements.
• Builds functional test cases and assists Squad members in testing and validating before functionalities are released.
• Analyzes complex business requirements, translates those requirements into projects plans, defines the scope and objectives, and prepares detailed functional specifications.
• Performs process improvement analysis.
• Coaches and mentors junior product analysts and developers on systems analysis techniques and business workflows. Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience performing quality assurance automation and performance testing of online transaction processing applications throughout the Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Or, alternatively, Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience performing quality assurance automation and performance testing of online transaction processing applications throughout the Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Skills and Knowledge
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") identifying, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and processes using use cases, user stories, and structured analysis techniques - data flow diagrams, data dictionary, decision trees and tables, and pseudocode.
- DE performing in the Agile SDLC - writing user stories and acceptance criteria in Jira, driving Scrum meetings, and facilitating sprint planning - in a financial services environment.
- DE booking loans, recalls, and returns for counterparties for testing and validation using Global One; creating loan requests using Equilend Next Generation trading platform; analyzing security (stock) availability for lending in the form of MT 535 position messages; reviewing MT543, MT545, MT547, and MT548 trade and settlement messages and reconciling with custodians; managing the entire range of repurchase agreements, and securities borrowing and lending requirements using Apex; providing automatic securities lending solutions for broker dealers, custodian banks, and agent lenders, using Loanet and SmartLoan; and providing secure financial transactions using SWIFT messaging system.
- DE developing and deploying functional databases, using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL techniques; developing and deploying function Web service automation, using Selenium Serenity Cucumber framework, ICEDQ, Soap UI, and HP UFT tools; and building automation, using object oriented techniques - inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, dynamic binding, abstraction, and relationships.
#PE1M2 Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.