Portfolio Analyst - Venture Banking (Durham, NC)
Durham, NC, USA
The Portfolio Analyst position is responsible for monitoring the performance of borrowers, identifying deviations from agreed upon performance, and raising credit concerns to the Client Manager. The Portfolio Analyst should strive to understand the client’s operating performance and needs, and work to build strong working relationships with client managers, clients, and other constituents. The Portfolio Analyst will work closely with the Client Manager to assess client credit risk.
- Conduct financial analysis of credit and collateral of borrowers, with emphasis on data accumulation and trend analysis
- Test financial covenant and other compliance based on the Loan & Security Agreement.
- Perform financial, operational, valuation, underwriting, and transactional analysis
- Complete borrower risk assessments
- Enter financial information into AblSoft and prepare financial spreads
- Interact with various management staff
- Travel to client sites
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; if non-business coursework was completed for an undergraduate degree, an MBA would also meet the educational requirements
- 1-2 years of related experience or public accounting strongly preferred (will consider less experience)
- Ability to analyze financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and resourcefulness necessary to complete in-depth industry and market analyses.
- Superior interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Above average knowledge of MS Word and Excel mandatory
- There will be some on-the-job training; however, the candidate should be a “self-starter”