Assists the SVP, Risk Management in the ongoing refinement and development of the Company’s ERM Program, which primarily includes the ERM and Governance Structure, ERM Policy and Procedures, Risk Dashboard, Risk Assessments and Risk Appetite Statement. Enhance and clarify associated processes, templates and reporting. Application of Effective Challenge where necessary and ensure identified risks and mitigation strategies are clearly articulated, risk rated appropriately and escalated when necessary.
• Administer the automated risk assessment system (MyComplianceManager) to ensure risk assessments are updated in accordance with the annual risk assessment update process.
o Manage system change requests and report system issues.
o Assign and follow-up on system generated tasks to designated risk assessment owners.
o Assign and maintain system user access.
• Apply Effective Challenge where necessary to risk assessment updates provided by risk assessment owners to ensure appropriate risks and controls are identified, rated and clearly articulated.
• Work with other members of the ERM Group to ensure that risks and controls are appropriately and accurately linked within MyComplianceManager and perform quality control assessments to ensure data accuracy.
• Perform risk research and/or conduct risk assessments as assigned for existing processes with potential gaps and/or new products or services to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and/or to measure the potential impact to existing bank policies and procedures.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly Enterprise Risk Management Steering Committee agendas and related reporting.
• Special projects as assigned related to the Company’s Corporate Insurance Program such as insurance policy renewal and due diligence activities.
• Assist in the preparation of materials for internal audits and/or state and federal regulatory inquiries and examinations.
• Special projects and related duties as assigned by the SVP Risk Management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
• 3-5 years of experience in a financial institution risk management capacity (preferably enterprise risk management
• Ability to exhibit professionalism and a positive attitude under pressure;
• Ability to work independently yet collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment;
• Proficiency with PC’s, Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Strong interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills;
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines;
• Communicating Effectively: Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas and feedback in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message;
• Delivering High Quality Work: Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet all requirements and expectations. Finishes tasks promptly and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy;
• Demonstrating Initiative: Takes action on his/her own without being prompted. Handles problems independently when appropriate. Able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others. Does more than is expected or asked;
• Supporting Change: Supports change and innovation. Is comfortable with a changing environment and is adaptive to such an environment.