Commercial Loan Closer - Venture Banking
Commercial Loan Closer - Venture Banking (Durham, NC)
Durham, NC, USA
The primary function of the position of Commercial Loan Closer is to shepherd an approved loan through the closing process and fund the facility as per the terms outlined in the original approval document. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills as the person must interact with internal clients (Lenders, Client Mangers, etc.) as well as external clients, such as attorneys, insurance agents, and deal directly with the client as applicable.
- After a loan has been underwritten and approved, the Commercial Loan Closer will be assigned to the Loan Team and will coordinate all aspects of the loan closing process to ensure the loan closes.
- Review the approval document for completeness, organize and spearhead the loan closing, including initial funding and post close exceptions.
- Compare documents and discuss discrepancies with underwriter, attorney, client manager and lender for resolution.
- Book all new commercial closed loans in the ACBS/FIS System: Add new customer’s information, guarantors, loan data, billing schedule, collateral information, loan fees, cost fees, prepayment penalties, set-up automatic loan payments, and ticklers.
- Facilitate pay-offs of other banks /financial institutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Loan Closing for business partners and customers, providing communication and resolving issues.
- Work with business partners and customers to clear conditions prior to closing.
- Manage an assigned pipeline of pending credit actions and loans.
- Improve department operation by collaborating with team members and supervisor to continuously improve processes and make recommendations to meet team goals and objectives.
- Monitor and assure compliance with Federal and State Laws and regulations (including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws, as well as, policies and procedures) re: bank operation.
- Provides assistance to management on special projects (including, but not limited to Quarterly Collateral Audits, Quarterly VCS Unused Fee transactions) and special data analysis.
- Provide assistance to Loan Operations Support staff by processing loan disbursements, payments, payoffs and collateral tracking when capacity is an issue on that team.
- Demonstrates behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
- 4-yr degree preferred, or equivalent in experience.
- 3-5 years experience in two or more areas is highly desired – legal, loan closing, loan administration, loan documentation or loan review.
- Proficiency with PC’s, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Thorough understanding of Commercial Loan documentation.
- Familiarity with corporate entity documentation.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to handle stress and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Discretion and judgment to identify when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure the common goals for the team are achieved
- Ability to identify issues and collaborate with other departments.
- Meet job expectations regarding attendance and punctuality, as determined by manager.