Senior Web Engineer - App Platform Fabric Charlotte, NC Engineering Full-time Credit Karma is a multinational mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. We pride ourselves for championing free credit scores and from that our members have turned to us for everything related to their financial goals, including improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, doing their taxes and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,200 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. The App Platform Fabric team at Credit Karma enables our product engineering teams to build reusable experiences across multiple platforms (iOS, Android and Web) more efficiently. To accomplish this, the team has been tasked with building a front-end UI authoring and rendering system for all of our platforms. Your role will be a Senior Web Engineer on the Fabric team focusing on Mobile and Desktop Web experiences targeting most modern browsers. If youre a well rounded, self motivated, and passionate developer whos interested in creating flexible beautifully designed UI components then you might make a great fit for engineering at Credit Karma.
What will you do?
- Be the technical leader of our Mobile and Desktop Web frameworks for Fabric.
- Work with the latest React frameworks, design patterns, and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with your engineering peers and product to enable our teams to ship great experiences to our members across all platforms.
- Support your team through technical discussions, code & technical design reviews, and architecture.
- Design metrics and dashboards to enable data-driven decisions.
Whats great about it?
- Youll be immersed in a great mission and will help people learn about and improve their personal finances.
- Youll learn a lot in the process through our strong focus on the art of engineering.
- Youll be able to work on technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, great product design, and experimentation-driven product development.
- And, of course, youll have access to awesome perks!
What do we expect?
- Interest in designing, building, and optimizing reusable Web UI frameworks.
- At least 5 years of experience building reusable web components with progressive web designs. 1 year of prior React experience is preferred but not required if you can show similar experience in other frameworks and have a desire to learn React.
- Prior experience with idiomatic TypeScript and design patterns is a plus.
- Deep understanding of HTML5 and CSS.
- Understanding of Responsive & Progressive Web and Mobile design principles.
- Thoughtfulness and empathy while constantly challenging our current processes.
- Enjoy working through ambiguous problems with your team.
- Desire to mentor other engineers.
- Love of Web and Mobile products.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us! Learn more about Credit Karma at