Vice President, Technology,Delivery
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? VP, Data Technology Delivery & Support Job Locations US-NC-Charlotte | US-GA-Alpharetta
Req No. 2020-6329
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Vice President, Technology Delivery and Support (TD&S) to lead the Technology Delivery and Support organization and manage functions to ensure coordination of all activities including vendor service and support, metrics, initiatives are in alignment with strategic direction. This position also performs the role of technology leader for enterprise and product and support initiatives.
This role is accountable for the success of the Agile Delivery Program across enterprise Data Technology. This role provides direct line-management of the Agile Delivery (Scrum Master function) usage of ADO and all associated work requests. The incumbent owns critical data collection and reporting for Technology Delivery and Executive Management. The person in this role will work closely with Solution architecture and Data architecture teams proactively influences system and process efficiencies with progressive and continuous automation ideas and improvements. The VP, Technology Delivery and Support will educate, mentor and encourage data delivery team participation in growth and stretch opportunities.
What You Can Look Forward to
Responsible to lead the efficiency efforts for Technology Delivery and Support.
- Partner with application development, production support, technical Integration, testing, and configuration management along with Data and Infrastructure teams to lead the development of plans for efficiency gains.
- Direct the coordination and attendance of working sessions as well as support the completion of follow-up action items.
- Works closely with technology and business leaders to foster a strong, positive relationship with internal departments and team members.
- Primary contact for delivery vendors from the Technology Delivery and Support organization.
- Responsible for the success of the enterprise data delivery program
- Responsible for cross-functional team of resources in all efforts necessary to facilitate a holistic review of agile delivery.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and enhancements.
- Direct line-management of the agile functions
- Monitor intake process and provide leadership for prioritizing, scheduling and alignment with run and build work streams.
Coordinate technology service and support vendor management.
- Provide leadership direction to leaders regarding vendor(s) escalation and resolution of complex client issues through extensive knowledge and experience.
- Act as the initial technology point of escalation to remove roadblocks.
- Facilitate adherence all external application development companies follow CO-OP Processes and standards.
- Develop processes and standards for external development vendors to work with CO-OP from a technology perspective.
- Direct the scheduling, content development and external application development status meetings.
- Represent team during on-site vendor meetings through presentations, inquiry resolution, and follow-up deliverables.
- Direct the planning, participants, and message delivered during site visits to assigned technology team(s) and vendors in support of their partnership with CO-OP. Ensure follow-up deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership and direction for the identification, resolution, and communication of significant vendor service and support issues.
- Coordinate the activities of all data delivery and support functions to ensure that the goals, objectives, and quality of service levels meet with the clients’ and CO-OP’s standards
- Senior Management point of contact for internal and external staff and executives regarding escalated issues.
- Own critical data collection and reporting for Technology Delivery and Support.
- Responsible for the data collection to publish in bi-weekly EMT Report.
- Responsible for the data collection to publish the Monthly TD&S Metrics.
- Responsible to provide leadership, support, and escalation required to resolve the “aged ticket” issues and communicate its progress to executive management.
- Provide information for RFP responses and contract renewal research/questions.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business or related field plus 8 years related technical experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Ten+ years’ experience leading a remote team and vendors within technology or similar business unit.
- Ten+ years’ experience with strategic planning and implementation of strategy.
- Five+ years’ experience direct Agile Methodology.
- Five+ years’ experience in financial industry.
- Ten plus years’ related work experience including technology and/or relationship management preferred.
- Ten plus years’ experience delivery implementation desirable.
- Five plus years’ experience working with strategic planning preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with card portfolios and card processing practices.
- Track record of managing and overseeing multiple teams with diverse and complex areas of accountability.
- Lead and communicate clear and concise goals and manage team members to timelines and accountable.
- Coach, motivate and influence direct reports and team positively.
- Be an active listener and communicate open and honestly in both written and verbal communication.
- Thorough understanding of Agile Methodology, financial services systems and operations; business planning; product development, internal product delivery processes and services, core processing, etc.
- Knowledge of business analysis and effective operational practices.
- Knowledge of financial product and services offered.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Customer/client service and leadership orientation – support CO-OP’s strategic culture and leadership practices.
- Ability to review simple and complex information and effectively articulate and present information to vendors and executives with confidence and credibility.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse group of subject matter experts as required for work engagement.
- Active listening skills and the ability to communicate strategic ideas effectively in both written and verbal communications throughout all levels of an organization.
- Strong ability to establish relationships with vendors to gain a full understanding of goals and objectives and recommend options for technology efficiencies.
- Outstanding human and interpersonal relationships. Ability to maintain grace under pressure and bring order out of challenging, high pressure periods of time.
- Strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to recognize, anticipate and solve problems. Resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple large/complex clients/projects, adhering to deadlines.
- Effective project and product management skills.
- Ability to motivate and positively influence others.
- Must have an understanding of and the ability to collaborate with multiple business units and vendors.
- Ability to manage to timelines and hold clients and vendors accountable.
- Ability to manage company priorities and initiatives.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS