Vice President, Investment Banking,Services
Vice President, Investment Banking - Services and Industrials Areas of Interest:
Charlotte, North Carolina
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: Our global footprint provides opportunities to deliver highly strategic advice to market-leading companies around the world. Guided by our unwavering commitment to our clients success and motivated by our vision to build the premier global boutique investment bank, we provide the industrys brightest minds with the opportunity to thrive in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment and team-oriented culture. Our mission is to provide bold, creative advice to clients and leadership in our markets and our communities. Job Summary & Responsibilities: Assist in targeting and closing of new deals. Participate in selling and pitching. Drive dayto-day activities for presentation development. Execute in-depth analyses for complex and high impact new business development, transaction execution and the delivery of investment banking products and services. Provide direction on financial/valuation analyses to less experienced staff and serve as a sounding board for structuring complex deals. Build relationships with client senior executives. Review the work of associates and analysts. Provide motivation and guidance.
- Participate in selling/pitching William Blairs services/products to clients and prospects, leveraging understanding of macro trends and strategic direction of clients to win business.
- Drive day to day activities for presentation development. Suggest methods for positioning William Blairs advantages versus competitors.
- Build and maintain relationships with client senior executives. Consistently exceed client expectations. Assume role of day-to-day client contact for questions, comments, inputs and deal related matters.
- Provide direction on financial/valuation analyses approach for valuing debt and equity. Serve as a sounding board for unique and creative approaches for analyses. Execute extensive financial/ valuation analyses for complex and high impact deals.
- Leverage expertise of products, industries, and finance/accounting topics to develop key themes for positioning of research/analytic deliverables.
- Suggest innovative approaches for due diligence, research and analysis efforts. Anticipate and address needs of senior team members and proactively identify probable deal issues, providing thoughts and perspective on resolution.
- Review all analyst and associate work for consistency, correctness and formatting, taking responsibility for client materials and reports.
- Offer creative and insightful resolution to issues or problems arising in execution and origination.
- Provide thought leadership to streamline processes and improve efficiency and effectiveness. Provide ongoing guidance and spot corrections to improve team efficiency.
- Act as lead on the job trainer for associates and analysts, providing constructive feedback. Articulate the roles and objectives for junior team members. Share relevant deal/client context with the junior team. Provide motivation and guidance for the team.
- Actively participate in recruiting and training activities.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
- Prior investment banking experience required; 4+ years experience, with 1 being at the Vice President, strongly preferred
- SIE Exam, Series 79, and Series 63 must be acquired within 150 days of employment (for US only). Requirement to successfully complete Level 3 exams with FCA within 90 days of commencing employment, and SIE Exam, Series 79, within 150 days of commencing employment (for UK and EU only)
- Commitment to satisfying internal and external customers
- Exhibits creativity and originality in approach to analysis and work product
- Expertise in accounting and finance
- Demonstrates respect for individuals
- Remains calm and focused under pressure
- Sound judgement
- Strong desire to win
- Ability to lead transaction processes and pitch new business with moderate senior banker oversite
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to manage expectations of senior bankers while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Superior mathematical, writing, verbal and computer skills
- Detailed oriented with deep analytical abilities