- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP – Technology Demand & Delivery - Infrastructure
Location: Charlotte, NC, USAThis position will report into the head of the Infrastructure Services organization and will be responsible for managing the demand and delivery of complex initiatives across all of Infrastructure Services. The Infrastructure team maintains a very active portfolio and typically has in excess of over 50 ongoing projects at any point in time. The projects in the portfolio include those related to lifecycle management (OS, hardware, software, etc.), real estate moves and expansions, data center build outs / expansions, acquisition integration, and implementation of business impacting technologies.
Initial initiatives will include but are not limited to build out of Private Cloud on premise based on self-service and automation, NW redesign in our Datacenters and branch offices via adoption of SD-WAN and replacement of existing MPLS based circuits.
He/She will excel at planning, communicating, anticipating issues, executing contingencies and proactively managing dependencies. The candidate will have demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships with information security and application development - where team members can actively challenge one another to drive to the best outcomes. The candidate will aggressively manage demand for infrastructure as a service to promote excellent delivery experience for the stakeholders. This will include working with stakeholders to constantly evolve priorities and expectations. He/She will work with infrastructure teams to drive operational efficiencies through automation and elimination.
The candidate should have experience managing the execution of large delivery efforts, have a strong understanding of the deployed technologies, effectively manage and maintain solid relationships with our stakeholders, outsourced and consulting partners and collaborate to achieve committed scope, dates, quality and budgets according to internal and industry project methodologies and best practices. The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed.
Functional responsibilities include:
- Deliver very large and very complex projects or programs. Projects/programs are of broad scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, have long implementation time frames, and are cross-functional and of significant magnitude. Manage conflicting priorities, issues, mitigate risks, and implement operational efficiencies throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project teams responsible for project and program delivery. Projects might also include external vendor products and resources that are on- and offshore with inherent ambiguity that will require clarity. Run project sessions at an expert level on estimation, scope, planning, scheduling, etc., while providing broad and deep credibility plus lessons learned from past experience.
- Adhere to and promote process improvement of Moody's project management lifecycle governance framework.
- Diligent and timely reporting of project status to key stakeholders and the project team
- Assist in defining ongoing team structure, roles, and reporting avenues for the Infrastructure as a Service Team
- Supervise and manage Infrastructure project delivery resources engaged in ongoing programs/projects, ensuring communication and coordination within and across teams
- Partner with Corporate Planning and ensure the team tracks project/program budgets at a detailed level. Whenever possible, identify and implement resource, development, and financial efficiencies within the project interdependencies.
- Consistently demonstrate MIT (Moody's Information Technology) values, especially in the area of leadership within assigned projects and organizational team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders through open and effective communication.
- Recommend strategies to drive down cost and improve efficiencies with automation initiatives.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring a focused, adaptable, results oriented individual.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.