VP – Enterprise Data - Data Governance
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities
The VP - Enterprise Data Governance and Standards will be responsible for implementing a set of Enterprise Data standards to support the data architecture strategy. This includes but not limited to data governance and controls, data management business and technology roles as well as partnering with various controls functions on privacy, retention and other needed standards. This person would also be responsible for standards adherence and monitoring to ensure compliance with the agreed upon standards. Additionally:
- Provide vision for business wide activities and campions for data ownership, standardization, accessibility and governance. Define/Oversee processes used to capture, maintain and applies data and information in order to support key business processes
- Establish standards for data management to optimize how the business uses data internally and externally
- Create and sustain a vibrant data organization, cross LoB partnerships, technologies, processes and policies
- Identify data analytic opportunities for the business and ensure data/information compliance with business policy, legal and compliance
- Develop and implement a holistic data governance model and oversight of the process.
- Actively lead/participate in evaluation of new data sources, acquisition of data, and delivery of data
- Manage and oversee the delivery of projects necessary to achieve the strategy with an eye towards business process redesign.
- Provide thought leadership in proper implementation of processes and tools that best align with the organization's strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership for direct reports and partner resources. Recruit and maintain a highly qualified and motivated staff. Responsible for all staff mentoring, training and development as well as periodic and annual reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science, MIS or Business
- 5-10 years of delivering complex enterprise data solutions (governance, management, quality, analytics, etc.)
- Experience creating a sourcing strategy based on day 1 as well as future state talent & capacity needs
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering a data strategy and enabling change through close IT and Business leadership partnerships
- Strong track record of creative and critical thinking, business case development/delivery in a regulated environment
- Excellent communication skills with respect to both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrates high EQ and self-awareness. Inspires teams to engage, innovate and deliver
- Passion for end to end solutions and delighting the end user through effective listening and expectation management
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.