This position is responsible for creating technical documentation related to internally-developed anti-money laundering targeted monitoring programs and models. This individual will work closely with a team of Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) SAS/SQL analysts/program developers, as well as internal partners such as Data and Alert Review teams, to understand, articulate, and document how each monitoring program/model was developed and is leveraged within the FIU.
The primary role of this Documentation Specialist will be to assist in the creation and maintenance of all required program documentation, including but not limited to development documentation, procedure documentation, supporting artifacts, and presentation materials. All documentation is to be completed in accordance with established standards and regulatory requirements to ensure completeness, consistency, and accuracy across all programs.
The specialist must have experience in technical writing, with a focus on appropriate and accurate grammar and spelling, as documentation artifacts are shared across Enterprise Financial Crimes Compliance, including with senior management and both internal and external regulatory/audit partners.
It is expected that this specialist will be highly self-motivated, organized, and an effective manager of time. This individual will have proven technical writing capabilities that require communication and coordination with various work partners. Professional communication skills are crucial.
The ability to work independently, with direction from leadership or senior analysts, is desired.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of applicable experience
- Experience in or knowledge of AML/BSA and relevant business systems (Actimize SAM, SAS)
- Ability to communicate effectively on unfamiliar topics to elicit technical and program information necessary to clearly explain/document all aspects of a programs history
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information regarding technical topics, and write accurately (and at a reader appropriate level) about those topics or concepts
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, while managing multiple requests/efforts with limited oversight
- Two to three years of technical writing experience, including strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Advanced computer skills, leveraging a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint