- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Systems Engineer - Disaster Recovery Lead
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
- Manage the strategy, design, implementation, automation, documentation and communication of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and processes that ensure the seamless and successful failover, security and integrity of data, applications, databases, infrastructure systems and other related technologies.
- Partner with the internal and external stakeholders and supplier teams to understand the Infrastructure Service organization's objectives, challenges and needs of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Disaster Recovery (DR) functions and address them to deliver organizational goals.
- Own, streamline, optimize, document and continuously enhance the BCM and DR plans and the corresponding tasks.
- Ownership, planning, execution and reporting of the scheduled BCM and DR exercises, with successful cross-functional coordination, matrix resource management, crisp communication, enhanced documentation, change management and reporting.
- Reduce the overall execution duration as well as risk of failure and maximize the success rate by simplifying tasks with automation and elimination of redundant, unnecessary steps in the workflows.
- Establish and oversee the successful delivery of DR plan roadmaps with Moody's internal and supplier IT teams, Info Risk, Audit and other agencies as applicable.
- Conduct risk analysis to identify critical operations and systems that are core to continued business services in the event of a disruption and include them in the DR planning scope for successful delivery and risk mitigation.
- Monitor and test the plans and backup systems.
- Manage the relevant contracts with required vendors for off-site and other resources required for business continuation and disaster recovery executions.
- Develop and deploy training, documentation, and communication of disaster procedures to the organization.
- Ensure that the organizational goals and milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Develop, enhance and enforce knowledge of organization's IT Service Management processes.
- College degree preferred
- At least 10 years of industry experience with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery domains
- Solid working knowledge of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems, file and directory structures, commands, -line interfaces and utilities.
- Experience in the IT Infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to Infrastructure Monitoring, Operating Systems, Network, Storage, IT Security, Virtualization, Web Servers, Cloud and Storage technologies
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Shell, VBS, SQL, Web Services, Containers and APIs
- Data analysis and analytical skills are a must have
- Ability to leverage Excel for analysis, produce charts & reports (Pivot tables, charts, tables, and analysis) using macros/VBA and tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Experience in Cloud Environments such as, Azure, AWS, Google or private cloud would be a plus
- Proficiency in ITSM (ITIL v3 Foundation knowledge)
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills required. Must have the ability to effectively understand and communicate technical issues and their solutions to multiple stakeholder groups and influence their outcome
- Strong customer focus and follow-up skills
- Ability to think out of the box and learn fast
- Must have the ability to work during off hours, weekends and holidays - on demand and onsite, as necessary
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow would be preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.