- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Sr Technical Product Owner
Location: Charlotte, NC, USAA Sr Technical Product Owner fulfils the following responsibilities with little to moderate guidance of more senior team members.
- Define vision for product opportunity for Financial Ratings Technology products
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for products
- Providing vision, direction and leadership to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project
- Collaborate with customer and internal stakeholders to define business requirements and associated epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Optimize the value of work the development team performs
- Provide input into technical design, at the story and/or module level.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of Associate Software Engineers.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and experience in developing Microservices
- 5+ years of professional software development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications
- 5+ years of software development experience in a highly regulated environment, such as financial services
- CI/CD toolchain experience, such as Jenkins, Mavin, xebialabs.
- Experience in Application containerization, familiar with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Platform9, ECS, EKS, Openshift, Cloud Foundry
- Experience with both relational databases, familiar with NoSQL databases
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
- Experienced in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Experienced in Application Servers: WebLogic, IIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Resin, Jetty, Apache, ExpressJS, etc.
- Experienced in Application Frameworks & Engines: Spring boot, J2SE, J2EE, JDBC, RMI/IIOP, Spring framework, JPA(Java Persistence API) or other ORM framework such as Hibernate or iBatics, JTA(Java Transaction API), Java WebService, JavaMail and JMS, etc. STL, Boost, GTest, etc. JQuery, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, etc.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Experienced in Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience, Masters degree is a plus.
- Has a passion for innovation
- The ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Communication, presentation skills, and client management skills
- Experience architecting services in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience with support and development of on premise applications
- Experience migrating applications or services to the cloud
- Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data
- Familiarity with DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in Agile development or comparable software development methodology
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple ongoing projects
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.