- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Sr SDET: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
The Sr. Software engineer is a Sr. Java Software developer/Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test.
- Brainstorm, design test strategy, develop automation test code and execute tests for the product.
- Create testing solutions and develop automated test harness for complex testing problems.
- Build test suites/automation test harness for UI, Service and ETL testing.
- Design test execution in Dev-Ops (CI/CD), execute and report.
- Takes ownership and proactively collaborates with Engineers, Product, and Design to accelerate defect fixes.
- Perform gap analysis and test coverage analysis.
- Coach and train automation teams on frameworks and lay foundation to get them started.
- Perform automation test code review.
- Explore emerging automation testing technology.
- Enhance and build automation test framework.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of Quality metrics.
- Bac helor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred. However other fields like information systems, electrical or STEM will be considered.
- Strong understanding of OOPS and programming abilities in at least one of the following languages - Java, Python.
- 5 years of experience in software testing, specifically focusing in automation testing for the majority of that time.
- Must have experience with test tools - TestComplete, Selenium-WebDriver, RPA tools.
- Knowledge of databases (SQL, Oracle) and strong SQL skills.
- Ability to access and test web services/APIs using Java client or a testing tool.
- Strong understanding of both manual and automated testing approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building test automation frameworks.
- Testing Experience related to AWS, Dev-ops is a big plus.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Experience working with test-driven development practices is a plus.
- Experience with Spring framework is a plus.
- Experience with RPA is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.