Sr. Internal Auditor - Corporate Treasury
Job Description : Job Description
Corporate Treasury Senior Auditors are responsible for participating in internal audits related to Corporate Treasury functions. Audits are performed in a team-based environment and candidate will serve as a core team member. Audit duties will encompass process documentation, risk identification, internal control identification, internal control evaluation, and assisting in the preparation of audit reports highlighting audit issues and relevant process enhancements. This involves responsibility for assigned audit testing and providing assistance to develop project and testing plans that effectively incorporate appropriate risks, scope, staffing requirements, deliverables, timelines, and client availability. Candidate will deliver audit updates and results to applicable parties through timely and crisp verbal and written communications. In addition, candidate will be responsible for helping educate other auditors on relevant risk concepts, audit processes, business knowledge, and provide consultation as needed.
Other responsibilities include assistance in the ongoing risk assessment of one or more auditable units, staying abreast of applicable regulations and relevant industry trends, reviewing management reporting, and assisting in the design and execution of technology-enabled continuous risk monitoring and auditing solutions that impact the planning of audit activities.
The following are some of the key functions within Corporate Treasury: funding and liquidity risk management, interest rate risk management, collateral management, capital management, deposit strategy & pricing, etc. On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of audit principles, practices and methodologies including understanding of audit principles that govern objectivity and independence
- Basic knowledge of operational and technical environments of financial institutions including basic knowledge of applicable banking laws and regulations
- Ability to quickly understand complex, new and dynamic processes
- Ability to juggle multiple work efforts and to quickly change direction, as needed
- Basic knowledge of client relationship management and basic knowledge of project management
- Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Oral and written communication skills
- Total competency in teamwork
- Proven experience with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Direct experience in internal or external audit
- Relevant audit experience in the financial services industry
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or other risk management certification
- Advanced degree in relevant field of work
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf