Job Details Requisition Number 20-0021 Post Date 1/9/2020 Title Inspections Specialist, ISA - Charlotte Division Division of Registration and Inspections PT/FT Full Time City Charlotte State NC Description
The PCAOB oversees the audits of public companies and SEC-registered brokers and dealers in order to protect investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate, and independent audit reports.
The PCAOB has full-time, regular positions for an IS Audit Inspections Specialist in the Division of Registration and Inspections in our Charlotte, NC office. The Division of Registration and Inspections inspects registered public accounting firms in connection with the firms performance of audits, issuance of audit reports, and related matters involving U.S. companies, other issuers, brokers, and dealers. Audit professionals who join the PCAOB will directly contribute to the PCAOBs mission of protecting investors.
As an IS Audit Inspections Specialist you will have the opportunity to use your skills and experience in auditing IT general controls and application and process controls to participate in a rigorous program of inspections of registered public accounting firms including:
- Inspecting portions of audit work papers to assess the degree of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the rules of the Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and professional standards in connection with the performance of audits, issuance of reports, and related matters involving issuers;
- Assessing the firms quality control structures and the related impact these structures have on audit quality;
- Meeting and interviewing firm personnel to (1) understand the firms quality control structures, (2) understand the audit approach to audit engagements, and (3) further develop and/or identify quality control and/or audit deficiencies;
- Gathering and organizing information to support identified inspection issues;
- Researching and consulting with others on technical issues;
- Communicating findings to firm personnel in meetings and in comment forms;and
- Preparing comment forms and assisting with drafting inspection reports.
As an Inspections Specialist, you will also be able to:
- Enhance your technical skills through inspection activities and the ability to collaborate with highly skilled Inspection teams;
- Participate in inspection projects aimed at enhancing the effectiveness of the Inspection program;
- Participate in the development and/or facilitation of training courses; and
- Participate in the PCAOBs recruiting process.
- Current CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) and/or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license required;
- Nine to eleven years of progressively responsible experience having attained the Senior Manager level in the audit of companies traded on the U.S. markets in the areas of IT general controls and application and process controls;
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field and/or Accounting; MBA/Master's degree is a plus;
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT general controls and application and process controls;
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB standards, generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to travel 20-30% of time (including some non-U.S. travel);and
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
As we seek to accomplish our mission and implement our vision, we expect integrity, pursue excellence, operate with effectiveness, embrace collaboration, and demand accountability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All PCAOB employees are entitled to equal opportunity and a professional work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. A workplace free of discrimination is fundamental to professional success and to the PCAOB's mission. The PCAOB will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.