- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Software Engineer - ETL and Database Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Part of the innovation team experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation product design.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Analyze Database Models and Requirements
- ETL and Database Development
- Business Intelligence Reporting and Analysis Development
- Conduct Data Quality Due Diligence
- Production and QA Support
Required Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred. However other fields like information systems, electrical or STEM will be considered.
- Must be proficient with DDL/DML for DB2, Sybase, Oracle Database
- Must have data modelling skills for OLTP
- Must have BI reporting and analytical skills in IBM Cognos and Pentaho BI
- Must have working knowledge of Query load monitoring, Query optimization, DBMS tuning and database Transactions
- Must have ETL expertize in Informatica, Pentaho, IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data virtualization skills in TIBCO DVL is a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as RDS, DocumentDB, Data Pipeline is a plus
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Nifi, AWS EMR & Lambda is a plus
- Working experience in financial industry and knowledge in fixed income are preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.