Social Media Manager
Social Media Content Manager Associate Director Charlotte, NC, United States/en-US/Barings/job/Charlotte--NC-United-States/Social-Media-Content-Manager---Associate-Director_JR_001848/apply
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: Social Media Content Manager Associate Director
Department: Corporate Communications
Location: Charlotte, NC or New York, NY
Barings is a $335+ billion* global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service. Part of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 2,100 associates and offices in 18 countries. Learn more at .
1as of September 30, 2019
The Social Media Content Manager will oversee social media planning and execution across the firm globally, and drive engagement with key stakeholders by creating and curating high-quality original and existing content. The successful candidate is an outstanding writer and content creator; a highly motivated, creative and responsive individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future stakeholders. That passion comes through as s/he engages with stakeholders on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning prospects into customers
- Turning recruits into employees
- Turning employees and customers into advocates
- Increasing and maintaining community participation
- Design and implement a global social media strategy that is aligned with our business and communications objectives while maintaining integration and consistency
- Ensure that the communications and marketing strategy are aligned around the social media plan and pipeline - driving collaborate across the broader organization
- Develop and run firm-wide social media campaigns content aligned to the businesses, ESG, Sustainability, CSR, recruiting, D&I initiatives, key Barings events and cultural enrichment
- Formulate high-quality novel written and visual content for each social media campaign
- Use video and photography to capture Barings narratives both internally and externally, support as an embedded blogger events and conferences
- Generate significant original content in order to maintain an always on online presence
- Monitor the company's brand and reputation on social media/social listening
- Build brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers
- Manage our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement
- Analyze data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives, and course correct as necessary in real-time
- Coach employees company-wide on content creation and social media best practices across all regions/markets
- Stay apprised of news and trends that impact the financial services and asset management industry
- Actively monitor both existing and emerging issues that could impact brand and develop strategies for addressing each issue
- Effectively position the executive leadership team as thought leaders and spokespeople on important topics and in venues that are strategic priorities
- Outstanding writer; multi-media content creator
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in corporate communications and/or marketing, developing and executing social media strategies - either in-house, or at an agency or in a newsroom environment
- Strong social media acumen
- Ability to develop and maintain the right voice for each social media platform
- Proven ability to build social media communities
- Understanding of graphic design principles and video storyboarding
- Experience as a brand manager on social media
- Experience placing and optimizing social media advertising
- Ability to measure the success of campaigns and identify areas of improvement
- Ability to use sound judgment to gather, manage and impart information to internal and external audiences consistent with the firms messages and positioning
- Strong content management experience, including the ability to:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content across channels
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work under deadline
- Ability to project-manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Great cultural fit. Executive presence, a dynamic professional
- Commitment to working effectively and collegially with all levels of associates across many geographies and cultures
- Knowledge of how to influence peers and internal clients to achieve objectives
- Track record of operating independently to prioritize work plans and tasks to meet agreed-upon time frames and deliverables
- B.S. or B.A. in Communications or Marketing, or related field
- Extensive experience with social monitoring and analytic tools and technologies, such as Khoros, Sprout Social, Crimson, Hexagon and Hootsuite also Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads Manager and LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Photoshop, Premiere and Animate
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Posted YesterdayFull timeJR_001848
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.