Senior Software Manager- Sourcing
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The qualified individual will be responsible for the procurement of software, SaaS, and cloud services and supporting projects and requests globally. Responsibilities
• Gather client requirements, draft and conduct RFPs, vendor selection, negotiations, and contract execution on an ongoing basis.
• Proactively seeks new/alternate vendors while managing vendor relations.
• Research and analyze market/financial data from internal and external resources to effectively manage assigned category.
• Ensure that objectives of key company stakeholders are met.
• Assist in formulation and global implementation of sourcing policies and procedures.
Flexible approach to work day with ability to manage a diverse mix of goods and services, and transition to/from strategic and tactical functions as needed.
- Strong vendor relationship management experience, including supplier development, diversity, risk management, performance management and category management.
- Experience with reviewing contract terms drafting and negotiation
- This position requires the ability to write requests for information, quotation, and proposals of high complexity
- Intermediate to advanced financial and analytical skills to provide Business Case Development, track results and perform financial analysis reporting. Ability to analyze utilizing Excel. Perform trend analysis, forecasting and modelling in order to provide recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills, in order to effectively build relationships with internal and external clients, present business recommendations, think strategically, and communicate complex analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize and balance multiple projects and coordinate project timelines to ensure timely completion with minimal supervision.
- Six (6) years + experience in strategic sourcing of software, SaaS, hosted solutions, cloud services, or related fields.
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business (or equivalent) from an accredited college/university. MBA and/or CPSM qualification a plus
Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.