- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Software Engineer - Build Release Automation Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC, USAHe/she will work with the team in daily operational work to support the SCM automated processes used by multiple development teams of Business-Critical applications, which includes usage of Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins, Subversion, SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. He/she will work with key engineering resources from Infrastructure, Architecture, Engineering, and Development to drive and pioneer a scalable build pipeline in order reduce the business's time to market. The DevOps Engineer must be proficient in OO programming languages such as Java, and in the building, packaging, branching and merging of these applications as well as troubleshooting issues with the source code build process.
Likely interactions are with Software Developers, Release, DevOps and SCM Systems Operations Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers.
Required Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Proven ability to automate tasks and connect tools together via Programming and/or scripting skills.
- Proven ability to write programs, utilities, scripts to automate daily tasks. Java development is required.
- Experience developing/scripting utilities which can mine data in existing databases to produce reports (preferably Oracle and/or MySQL).
- A strong proficiency in navigating and editing files within UNIX/Linux environments.
- Build automation experience using Development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Nuget, Chocolatey, NPM, and similar technologies.
- Experience building applications using Maven/NPM/Nuget and utilizing these tools connected with an artifact repository, such as Sonatype Nexus or JFrog Artifactory, is a must.
- Experience leveraging Docker alongside the development process is strongly desired.
- Experience leveraging Kubernetes alongside the development process is strongly desired.
- Understanding of source code management concepts and disciplines such as source code branching/merging strategies is a must.
- Must have experience using Atlassian Jira.
- Cloud experience, specifically implementing DevOps tools/process in AWS Cloud such as CloudFormation and TerraForm, is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments in a large IT project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to review and maintain SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) documentation.
- Ability to coordinate automation release strategies with Development leads and Infrastructure engineers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with consultants, stakeholders/customers (from Developers to Managing Directors), peers, and vendors
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven. Strong customer service and teamwork skills: motivated to grow and succeed.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry trends related to areas of responsibility. Willingness to quickly adapt and learn
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment a strong plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.