Senior Software Engineer
Job Description Role/Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with Financial systems background to join our Enterprise Business Systems team with a specific focus on the Hyperion software platform. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing, participating in and consulting on the architecture, design, development and implementation of multiple software development projects of various sizes & complexity as well as Maintenance & Enhancement releases. The candidate will have a proven ability to drive technical projects and provide leadership for a team of developers in an onsite/offshore delivery model in a fast paced environment as well as perform in a hands on development capacity.
- Have experience providing technical leadership to development teams to ensure development of solutions within established architecture and coding/technology standards.
- Provide technology and design thought leadership to internal groups
- Assume primary ownership for assigned projects and work with various technology communities to achieve project objectives.
- Conduct design and code reviews, ensuring proper coding, conformance to standards and best practices, including performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility and high quality.
- Ability to multi-task, lead multiple efforts and projects and deliver solutions
- Participate in cross-training exercises, including application development knowledge transition planning and delivery
- Participate in cross-departmental groups for the purposes of standards development, third-party tool evaluations, community of professionals, etc.
- Participate in Production Support Escalation if necessary for high-severity issues
- Participate in Hyperion server administration & Patching activity
Technical Experience & Qualifications
- 8 or more years' experience as a software engineer
- 4 or more years' experience leading a team of developers
- Experience in multiple methodologies including Agile, Waterfall or RUP-style SDLC's
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both technical and non-technical content clearly and succinctly to multiple audiences
- At least 8+ years of experience in working as an Oracle Hyperion / EPM developer integrating to ERP (PeopleSoft required & SAP preferred) environment
- Strong technical knowledge and working experience in Essbase (BSO & ASO), Planning, EPMA, FDM, Oracle Data Integrator
- Strong experience in designing calculations/business rules while achieving the utmost performance
- Strong experience writing MAXL, MDX and windows batch scripts
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining ODI interfaces
- Working experience in the latest version of Oracle EPM platform 126.96.36.199
- Strong understanding of Accounting fundamentals and experience in working with Finance users
- Strong working knowledge of SQL databases (SQL Server & Oracle) and ETL tools (ODI & SSIS)
- Ability to conduct data analysis while interacting with multiple systems
- Strong understanding of Planning/Budgeting/Forecasting processes in a Corporate environment
- Understanding of SOX controls and designing solutions that complies with Audit
- Understanding and working knowledge of Metadata Management
- Strong experience with migrations and upgrades of Oracle EPM platform
- Experience with software change and configuration management processes and tools, such as Subversion, Git, Jira, CARA
- Familiarity with TOGAF a plus.
- Knowledge of writing unit testing, regression test cases testing for Hyperion planning & Essbase applications
- Strong experience in Managing & Patching Hyperion EPM Suite on windows platform.
- Family with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to automate manual tasks on Oracle Hyperion applications.
- Good to have knowledge on other technologies (Sales Force, Financial Force, Revpro, Service Now) and its integration to Oracle Hyperion platform
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.