Senior Software Engineer
The Software engineering team will be part of Data Management, Ratings Operations and Compliance, actively engaged and working with onshore/offshore employees to design, implement and maintain engineering solutions in the area of Billing & Pricing (Finance) on both Run the business as well as transformation workstreams.
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Get involved in full-stack development.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Work with a variety of client and server-side frameworks - open source and home grown. Rapidly prototype new products and see through implementation.
- Part of the innovation team experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation product design.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred. However other fields like information systems, electrical or STEM will be considered.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual C++ programming language
- Working experience with Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
- Solid programming skill in C++ Standard Template Library (STL) with automated unit testing
- Windows service and IIS development
- Good understanding of Database Design and Modeling principles
- Excellent at Sybase Transact-SQL and ANSI SQL
- Great at Stored Procedure development
- Must be able to analyze query plan and have performance tuning skills
- Web service development in SOAP and REST
- Hands on Experience with Java, Python a plus
- Experience on Enterprise BPM solutions like Pega
- Experience developing web services and frontend like Angular,React
- Experience with Dev Ops is a plus
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.