Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager Greater Charlotte Area, United States/en-US/LSEG_Careers/job/Greater-Charlotte-Area-United-States/Senior-Project-Manager_R-019724/apply
Senior Project Manager Group Programme Management
Chief Operating Office Group Programme Management
Group Programme Management Project Delivery
Reporting to the Programme Director, this role is responsible for managing one or more complex projects that involve multiple stakeholders, ensuring that project charters, integrated project, resource, and contingency plans are fully scoped and documented, and that appropriate risk management processes are in place.
A Senior Project Manager leads the identification and development of project objectives, scope, plans, dependencies and success criteria in collaboration with the project sponsor and other stakeholders. The Senior Project Manager also leads multiple work streams throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring high quality and cost effective deliverables.
- Direct project management of large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Adhere to and implement the Group Programme Management Change Framework, ensuring quality of project reporting via programme management tools conforms to LSEG Group standards.
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artefacts in line with the change framework, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Manage detailed plans across the critical path to deliverance of project objectives, engaging with stakeholders and critically assessing requirements
- Anticipate issues and delays, and evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value, effectively assessing and resolving high priority project risks.
- Define and report on project progress and achievement of project milestones, regularly updating key and senior stakeholders on project status.
- Continually manage project dependencies, ensuring smooth and timely delivery of the key milestones
- Identify areas for methodological improvement and implements changes.
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Build, lead, and coach project teams throughout project lifecycles
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure projects comply with LSEG Group standards of Project Methodology
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status and periodically publish project status reports
- Demonstrates strategic allocation and reallocation of resources within and across projects/programmes based on business insights and team capability.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall and integrated delivery plan
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in the business case
- Ensure end results are of the highest calibre with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
Governance and Risk Management
- Work with the Programme Director to ensure adherence to the LSEG Group Standards for governance and risk management
- Responsible for facilitating and chairing regular project meetings, and follow-up with project team members as required.
- Responsible for the project wide implementation of processes, policies, and best-practice for change management where appropriate, ensuring (and measuring) embedment, adoption and effectiveness
- Preparation, collation, and distribution of project status reports, ad hoc presentations, and reporting (including executive and senior management reporting).
- Ensure governance procedures are adhered to, for example:
- All project artefacts maintained throughout the project lifecycle (plans, resourcing profiles, cost plans, benefits schedules, RAID items, Change Requests and status reports) are up to date, accurate and follow group quality standards.
- Projects adhere to the change framework, use Group standard templates and are subject to the correct stage gate procedures throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with the Programme Director to understand and manage the delivery risk within the project - drive out, track and reduce project level risks
- Adhere to the planning standards and process to ensure transparency on key deliverables and dependencies so that delivery can be tied to cost
- Manage the project budget request process and perform regular financial reviews to track and measure financial performance against plan at the project level
- Work with the Portfolio PMO and Business to provide an accurate resource demand view for the project
- Track and forecast key financial metrics against targets, applying insights from the business to make recommendations to effectively manage budget across the portfolio.
- Identify and analyse potential project/portfolio solutions to financial impacts, and help determine the most viable solution.
- Formulate data-driven insights to support negotiations and effectively persuade diverse stakeholders, driving alignment towards shared objectives.
- Proactively and effectively manages diverse stakeholder groups across the project or programme lifecycle, successfully differentiating the approach and communications to address stakeholder needs.
- Maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with stakeholders, effectively overcoming challenges and positioning alternatives to move the project or programme forward.
- Accountable for project level communications
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holders abilities)
- Ability to balance multiple projects, making strategic decisions on time, quality, and cost to deliver complex activities
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
- Maintain constructive and supportive working relationships with stakeholders across the group
- Apply tools and processes to effectively identify and quantify project-level risks, proactively communicating their impact with stakeholders.
Management of Risk
- Continually reassess the operational and project level risks by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of risks, including operational risks, occurring.
- The role acts as a risk mitigating function by monitoring the delivery risks across the project and ensuring these are adequately managed
- Takes positive action to reduce the impact and probability of project-level risks, escalating where necessary.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will demonstrate and practice adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Strong planning, organisational, and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Excellent at managing and influencing a wide network of stakeholders, including senior management, who can influence and build relationships
- Willing and able to challenge customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs
- Expert knowledge of financial management, risk, and project management methodologies
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality steering committee materials
- More than 10 years of project or programme experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Global experience working successfully with teams in multiple locations simultaneously
- Experience and knowledge of large scale, global, change programmes and portfolio management
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organisations
- Background in working across a number of different sectors both business and IT related projects/programmes
- Knowledge of technology estates and technologies desirable
About London Stock Exchange Group
London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) is a diversified international exchange Group that sits at the heart of the world's financial community. The Group can trace its history back to 1801.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe's leading fixed income market; and the Pan-European equities and derivatives platform, Turquoise. Through its markets, the Group offers international business, and investors, unrivalled access to Europe's capital markets.
Post trade and risk management services are a significant and growing part of the Groups business operations. LSEG operates CC&G, the Rome headquartered CCP and Monte Titoli, the significant European settlement business, selected as a first wave T2S participant. The Group is also a majority owner of leading multi-asset global CCP, LCH.Clearnet.
The Group offers its customers an extensive range of real-time and reference data products, including Sedol, Unavista, Proquote and RNS, as well as access to over 200,000 international equity, bond and alternative asset class indices, through LSEGs world leading index provider, FTSE.
London Stock Exchange Group is also a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software. In addition to the Groups own markets, over 30 other organisations and exchanges around the world use the Groups MillenniumIT trading, surveillance and post trade technology.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom with significant operations in Italy, France, North America and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 5000 people.
Assignment Specific Information
This Senior Project Manager role will be working on the Enterprise Data Management Programme. This Strategic Initiative is delivering LSEG wide Data Governance and Data Management capabilities. The role will be based in Fort Mill. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of both traditional and agile project management approach and delivered projects using both approaches previously. Ideally the candidate will have had experience delivering projects using scaled agile approaches. The candidate will also ideally have experience working on Data Warehousing, Enterprise Data Management and/or Data Governance projects previously.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employees potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.
Please take a moment to read this carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (We) may hold about you, what its used for, and how its obtained. If you would like this information to be removed from the London Stock Exchange Group HR database, please contact . If you choose to have your information removed, you will be removed as a candidate and we will not be able to progress your application for opportunities at the London Stock Exchange Group.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR-019724
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) is a diversified international market infrastructure and capital markets business sitting at the heart of the world's financial community. The Group can trace its history back to 1698.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe's leading fixed income market; and Turquoise, a pan-European equities MTF. It is also home to one of the worlds leading growth markets for SMEs, AIM. Through its platforms, the Group offers international business and investors unrivalled access to Europe's capital markets.
Post trade and risk management services are a significant part of the Groups business operations. In addition to majority ownership of multi-asset global CCP operator, LCH Group, LSEG operates CC&G, the Italian clearing house; Monte Titoli, the T2S-ready European settlement business; and globeSettle, the Groups newly established CSD based in Luxembourg.
The Group is a global leader in indexing and analytic solutions. FTSE Russell offers thousands of indexes that measure and benchmark markets around the world. The Group also provides customers with an extensive range of real time and reference data products, including SEDOL, UnaVista, and RNS.
London Stock Exchange Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software for customers around the world. In addition to the Groups own markets, over 35 other organisations and exchanges use the Groups MillenniumIT trading, surveillance and post trade technology.
Headquartered in London, with significant operations in North America, Italy, France and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 4,700 people.
London Stock Exchange Group is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified job applicants, and makes decisions with respect to all aspects of employment, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.