CLA, THE Career-Building Firm, is recruiting a business focused Senior Project Manager to join our Consulting and Accounting and Solutions team (CAST) practice in the Charlotte office!
About THE Career-Building Firm:
CLA is the premier professional services provider to private businesses and their owners, providing a wide array of solutions to advance our clients success and create uncommon careers for our people. Our market differentiators include deep industry specialization, three integrated businesses working together, 1) Audit, Tax & Consulting, 2) Wealth Advisory and 3) Outsourcing, and phenomenal opportunities for our employees to build their careers and marketplace value.
Why join CLAs CAST practice:
The CAST Senior Project Manager will lead the delivery of project management consulting services for our clients based in the Charlotte area. Working closely with internal clients and external clients, such as such as financial services institutions, hospital systems and manufacturing companies, you will deliver a full range of services, such as internal project reporting and administration, resource management, client management, project budgeting/accounting/finance, project planning, project control and project communication.Key responsibilities of Senior Project manager
This is a Business focused Senior Project Manager within the management consulting practice of CLA.
Internal project reporting and administration
· Be prepared to represent the business to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with the managing director.
· Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
· Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated mitigation plan.
· Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, timeframes and budget.
· When necessary work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
· Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based on project specifications and requirements.
· Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
· Continually seeks opportunities to increase our customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
· Builds a knowledge base of each clients business, organization and objectives.
· Manages day-to-day client interaction.
· Sets and manages client expectations.
· Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
· Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Project accounting and finance
· Understands basic revenue models, p/l, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
· Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
· Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
· Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
· Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
· Manages project budget.
· Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
· Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
· Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
· Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
· Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
· Create, or participate in the creation of, project documentation.
· Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project timelines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
· Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project.
· Work with the account director to ensure changes are understood and approved.
· Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on timeline, scope, budget and strategy expectations.
· Evaluate all key project deliverables, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance.
· Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverables; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the account director and client.
· Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
· Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
· Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members (including the account director) and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
· Work with account director to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks, progress and the bright works development process.
· If needed, create customized reporting for the client or team.
· When appropriate, work directly with clients, or in concert with account management and/or team leads, to secure sign off on deliverables or documentation
· Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the
· Team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
· Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
II / Job specification of Project manager
· Eight to ten years of experience in a business leadership position Experience executing a variety of large-scale, enterprise-wide project management methodologies.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
· Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope
· Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting.
· Good computer skills, proficient with MS office applications
· Knowledge of workforce strategies developed in other sectors is an asset
· Knowledge of labor force strategies would be an asset
· Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 US locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
to see why people join CLA.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
to learn about your hiring rights.