Senior Project Manager
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for supporting the goals of the Central IT organization, by planning, execution, and completion of assigned projects and initiatives within the Moody's Analytics IT support team . The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a creative and design-centric approach and able to manage multiple Moody's Analytics systems within the Salesforce platform.
- Project manage IT projects and ongoing maintenance and enhancement releases which are broad in scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, have low to medium term implementation time frames and are cross functional.
- Apply expertise across the complete project lifecycle, lead project sessions such as SCRUM calls, estimation, scheduling/planning within an iterative development (Agile) framework. Lend broad and deep credibility during discussions because of past experience. Serve as mentor/coach to others on the team in this capacity.
- Ability to plan out all phases of the project including requirements, design, build, conversion, QA, UAT and training if applicable. Communicate and assign cross project team members to the planned tasks. Monitor and adjust the project plan to ensure the success of the project.
- Effectively communicate with key program stakeholders on status, risks and issues and demonstrate sound judgment regarding escalation.
- Demonstrate maturity in dealing with all levels of business and IT management and strengthen relationships across business by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Drive issue resolution, risk identification and mitigation, change and dependency management. Encourage the active use of a strong risk management framework with the project teams and stakeholders.
- Utilize negotiation skills to drive project team and executives to make decisions in a timely manner in order to deliver projects as to agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Set the direction for the project team. Ensure respectful communications by creating an atmosphere of collaboration and iterative improvements, inspiring people and teamwork, and welcoming change by team engagement of planning and problem solving. Be conscious of team behavior and contribute constructive feedback to line managers for annual Performance Evaluation.
- Actively participate in advancing and maturing the project management practice by applying experience and best-practices for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate problem/incident management performance.
- Support and lead incident and change management, application patching, core release upgrades and cross technical updates.
- Ensure that the required SOX controls are in-place, and are captured adequately and effectively throughout the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field. PMP (PMI) Certification is desirable.
- Minimum 6+ years of project management experience in a software development, technical integration or business operations environment, with a proven track record of interfacing with multiple levels of the organization. 6+ years of experience in the IT industry, preferably in a financial services or consulting organization.
- Salesforce functional application knowledge and limited Salesforce technical knowledge.
- Proven leader with outstanding interpersonal, communication, and effective relationship building skills at all levels within an organization. Must have experience presenting to management teams and providing status updates.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background.
- Proven ability to work within a large enterprise that spans multiple continents, is governed by change management and has a tiered support model.
- Organizationally agile (i.e., the ability to work well with various levels and functions within the Company).
- Effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
- A high level of motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond to tight deadlines and exercise excellent judgment in setting priorities for own work, and the work of any direct reports.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, to create and maintain documentation repositories that are appropriately controlled and useable by others, while managing multiple requests and deadlines at the same time.
- A self-starter, solution-oriented team player with leadership skills, and a desire to grow their career.
- Excellent MS Office skill set; Excel, SharePoint, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adjust priorities and goals in changing circumstances.
Ability to analyze and challenge current working methods to create improvements in processes and result. Strong change agent and champion of key change efforts across broader IT organization and ability to create clarity where ambiguity exists.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.