Ameriprise Financial has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Manager of Financial Reporting to join our team! In this role you will be responsible for preparation and review of Bank Holding Company and Savings Bank regulatory filings and other financial reports for Ameriprise Financial and Ameriprise Bank. Ensures regulatory reports, financial statements, disclosures, and other reports are prepared and filed in compliance with reporting requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation and review of external reports filed with regulators on a periodic basis, primarily quarterly. This role is responsible for ensuring that Bank regulatory filings and SEC disclosures are in compliance with FRB, OCC, SEC and GAAP reporting requirements. Negotiate with internal business partners to ensure quality and timely information is provided.
- Review monthly/quarterly schedules used for both internal and external purposes, and assist with ad-hoc projects, such as technical reporting research, financial statement analysis, and review of peer group report filing disclosures.
- Design and monitor effective internal controls over financial reporting and work closely with internal auditors to complete reviews/audits in a timely manner.
- Provide work direction and thought leadership to a team of accountants. Review of report documentation prepared by reporting staff. Prioritize department workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of external reporting or regulatory reporting experience with financial services company
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word and Excel) and general ledger systems
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Proven ability to lead through change and handle detailed work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Our Company
- Bank reporting experience
- Prior staff leadership experience
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Finance Line of Business