Senior Financial Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Role Value Proposition:
The individual will build a partnership with business managers, strategic relationship management team, and other Finance & Business team members to develop, implement, and manage expenses that are aligned with the business strategy. Perform a variety of financial studies, analyze and report interrelationships of financial information. Reconcile and control expenses based upon MetLife and internal expense management guidelines. Use data to prepare short term and long term projections. Determine validity of data and provide supporting explanations. Perform a number of daily/weekly/monthly tasks. Work effectively and diligently to resolve issues. Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned. The successful candidate will blend a solid foundational financial skillset with the desire and ability to understand the businesses we support.
- Exhibits and is recognized for a high-level of financial expertise gained through a series of professional assignments and ongoing career development
- Supports financial management as a key internal consulting resource
- Prepare financial reports by downloading information from single or multiple sources; compile databases and formulate spreadsheets; interpret trends, analyze results and explain to both Business and Finance management
- Prepare monthly journal entries as necessary; included but not limited to accruals, re-class and other changes
- Input data into the Hyperion system for both Budget and Forecast
- Conduct/Coordinate research and/or participate in special studies, model future short and long term financial results
- Analyze a variety of data, determine validity, explain monthly actual vs. budget, actual vs. forecast variances, draw conclusions & make recommendations
- Work closely with the Strategic Relationship Management team, Compliance team, and the Controller's group on a regular basis
- Expand or modify existing models to improve efficiencies
- Work on and may manage basic to more complex financial analyses assignments or projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum five years' experience in an accounting/finance position, preferably in the insurance industry
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Excel including several advanced functions such as pivot tables, lookup, etc., MS Access is a plus
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices
- Flexible, adaptable and able to handle multiple priorities
- Understanding of Annuity and Life Products is a plus
- Experience with general ledgers (PeopleSoft) and reporting tools (Hyperion) is a plus
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Strong business analytical abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to coordinate/converse with senior level management
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, including geographically dispersed team members
Accounting and Finance
Number of Openings