Senior Security Engineer - Charlotte, NC Charlotte, NC / Engineering / Full-time Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Senior Security Engineer is to develop security controls for IaaS and SaaS cloud environments. *Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Partner with Network, Platform, and Dev teams to design security-centric cloud architectures and frameworks
- Deploy and maintain security solutions that will prevent and detect attacks against CK's infrastructure
- Leverage scripting and programming to automate manual actions wherever possible
- Build and monitor integrations between security solutions and ensure all solutions are logging relevant data
- Ensure security baselines are configured as part of system build processes and security is considered as part of infrastructure as code.
- Measure security tool performance and report to management
Minimum basic requirements:
Equal Employment Opportunity Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Solid grasp of cloud security solutions, both native and 3rd party.
- Experience securing cloud workloads in an enterprise-scale, mixed-vendor environment.
- Experience with securing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS in both public and private cloud environments.
- Solid grasp of system, network and security fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of container workload deployments as well as related orchestration technologies (ie: Kubernetes).
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills for automating repetitive tasks.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD lifecycle.
- Familiarity with micro-segmentation and cloud workload protection platforms.
- Experience with securing Infrastructure as Code deployments.
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!